Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
PowerdBySteamtoCookRice
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey again, I have just finished installing my StreetGlow LED Underglow Kit(blue) for my 2005 Sentra 1.8S. I just have a few questions....how do I take care of it...? Is there any dangers about driving it thro rain, snow or sand...? Please help me out!

Jason :cheers:

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
rain and snow i wouldnt think so. but sand.............led's or not keep your car away from sand..........that shit messes with everything, and gets into everything it can wears out joints and bushings.
edit: that was pretty fast! what did you end up buying? also we need some pics :showpics:

·
Registered
147 Posts
i have the same underglow kit but green, here are the precautions: get some silicone and silicone up the ends of the tubes(where the wire comes out/in), because if you dont water can seep through into the tubes and youll have to send the tubes back for replacement which takes a couple weeks and i dont want you to have to go through what i did. Just go to homedepot or some hobby shop and by some like clear silicone and silicone that baby up, then youll never have problems....o and the tubes get very dirty after awhile, so i suggest wiping a clean cloth over them every like month-2 months, juss to keep em clean....thats it!

·
PowerdBySteamtoCookRice
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Word, well our city puts sand cuz of ice during the winter so...lol....ill have to post them up really quick,but in the mean time i have to work...gotta go to valvoline...lol ill post my pics asap!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
i have a set of the purple lights. mine are spotless no problems whatsoever wanna know my secret....they are still in the box and have been there for over a year now cuz im a lazy a$$. but im hoping to get them on this spring.

·
Drop-Out
1,892 Posts
Stay away from snow with them, and the cops. Last year I had some on my old car and I pulled over on the snow to take a picture and a cop pulls up gives me a ticket for the lights. I move on go to another place to take a picture and lights wont turn on WTF? Turns out they blew out from the heat to cold. Good way to waste 110$.(looked really good glowing off the snow

Take them off the car in the winter time

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
^^^ did you have neon or LED's? led's will last forever! they dont really blow out.

·
PowerdBySteamtoCookRice
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nismo1997 said:
I had neons for the 25whp gain for a pair
HAHAAHA..lol Well It seems 2 days after i had them on......
I got pulled over....just a warning but it was prettty funny. He was like you know blue is illegal. i was like really officer i didnt know that. HAHA. so he just gave me a warning..lol :cheers:

·
PowerdBySteamtoCookRice
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Red, white and blue are police and emergancy car lights, so yeah....lol

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
SO i guess you can't have Yellow either cause Yellow is a color of the traffic Light, same thing with green. How about purple ????

·
PowerdBySteamtoCookRice
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
B14_Stealth said:
SO i guess you can't have Yellow either cause Yellow is a color of the traffic Light, same thing with green. How about purple ????
HAHAA...im not really sure, but im Iowa where i live....its blue, red, white, yellow....and thats it. any other colors are fine like purple, orange, green. Pretty much it cant be any color blue, red, white, and yellow in my state.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts