Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My problem is I buy a low millage car and I want to keep it for ever. Rust on the underside has been something I all-ways missed and it has come back to bite me. I'm now buying a 1996 Sentra and I know that I have to do some-thing to the under-side.
OK, Now I'm thinking ether an anti-rust paint
OR
A rubber type undercoating
Maybe
Anti rust paint and then rubber type undercoating / But I can't paint again....
Comments on
This oil spraying you see on U-Tube are welcome. Thanks, Shannon.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,260 Posts
Probably a point to start is to apply a good rust converter first, then apply undercoating. Prior to applying a rust converter, scrape off any loose rust but do not sand down to bare metal. For the converter to work, there must be a layer of rust for the chemical action to work. Some of the good products are made by Permatex and Loctite.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rust Converter

Probably a point to start is to apply a good rust converter first, then apply undercoating. Prior to applying a rust converter, scrape off any loose rust but do not sand down to bare metal. For the converter to work, there must be a layer of rust for the chemical action to work. Some of the good products are made by Permatex and Loctite.
Thanks Ka-t,
I will Gookle it. I wonder if its getting too cold now here in NH and I should wait till next summer. But what the heck, Can I use a garden spray bottle?Ether way. I can have the shop put it on. Thanks again.
PS : Maybe I should just stick with re-applying Rust converter. Sounds good to me... Shannon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts