Nissan Forum banner

undecided about engine swap.93'240sx

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Trippen 
#1 ·
i was thinking about getting a 2jz supra engine and or rb25. the only reason i would think about sr20 is b/c ive recieved alot of feedback from them.but then again my cousins have swaped in sr's into their 240's and both blew there engine. so if u can please tell me wat u think and maybe this isnt the place for 2jz's please tell me if u know anything about or redirect me to the supra forums

#3 ·

definantly agree with asleep my 93 240 has 200k miles with the ka still in there and it still performs like a champ. (for what it has under the hood)

Although i would love to see you drop the 2JZ and transform your 240 into a 240sxer:)

you have a possibility to get 8 second Quarter Miles

#4 · (Edited)
Go forged internals and do a KA-t...and you will never regret it. KA-t.org for info...Home of the 9second ka-t's no BS

#5 ·
haha

damn your right on target, i have been planning the stage 3 internals and a nice turbo kit with intercooler for some time now... cheapest and most legal way to get a 9 second 240sx.

KA24DET is the way to go until you get some serious cash to throw a
SR20DET under your hood or an RB..

i wouldnt even think about throwing anything else under my hood unless i was sponsored.

#6 ·
An SR20 wont get you more power then a KA-t by the time you reach the 6k area of inputting into your KA-t you will have around 700hp....take the same 6k and you might have your SR20 up and running. This is not BS do the research. You will be surprised.. My motor with Eagle rods arias pistons balanced and bored over 0.020 only was around 1600. I did all but the balancing and the boring. Electronics an LSD swap around 1000.. So for 2600 and a few weeks of my time I stomp stock SR20's all day long without worrying about blowing my motor...By the way I am also tuned for E85...what a great power adder...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.