Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok gy's I can no longer deal with this issue it has gotten worse over the last week or so. What happens is when I start the car it will idle very high for the first five minutes then it will back of a bit. The idle screw has been adjusted all the way out so there is somthing else going on here?? Somone had said somthing about a part in the egr going bad that will cause this? Maybe some sort of diaphram leaking??

·
800+ posts
822 Posts
Check and clean your idle air control valve. They like to get dirty to cause your engine to randomly idle high for a while before dropping back down. It is usually cheaper to get a used IACV from a scrapyard than buy a new one.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
The air regulator is under the intake manifold and controls the amount of air into the intake. there are 2 3/4" hoses coming off of it. THe unit is alluminum and bolted to the lower maniflold. there is a harness plug on the end. This may be bad, but will not flip a Light or even flash a code in the ECU. you have to pull the upper intake manifold off

I had a high idle after I swapped the auto tranny for the manual in my 92. It traced to the air regulator. Its not a cheap part. maybe you can get a used one from a junk yard, but you need the one for the tranny. there are 2 part numbers. Contact Courtesyparts.org

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me ask you this did it effect your MPG's? How about the drivability? I have a real inconsistant issue in the midrange?? Run's decent ut I'm averaging just around 27mpg's and would like to see more. What are you auto guy's averaging anyway?? Oh I do wrm it up for a bit in the mourning........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts