Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased 1994 Sentra XE and soon after blew an axle seal. In the past week i have replaced 3 seals and an axle. The leak is still present but now only under certain conditions. After driving for extended amount of time. Since i replaced seal with Factory seal and a NEW axle, i thought i came to the conclusion of the breather tube being clogged but it is not. Also i am not to sure of the routing of the vaccum hose from said breather port to the intake baffle box, is that right?? I am truly unfamiliar with Nissan product as i have mainly dealt with Toyota for the past 4 years.

CAN ANY ONE PLEASE HELP ME??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, New drive shaft and Nissan seal. is it possible there could be too much "play" or shifting of the gears?

·
Registered
734 Posts
are you checking the seal with the axle making sure its gonna make a good seal before installing? are you using lube on the seal before you install the axle? maybe your not getting the seal knocked in the tranny case far enough?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
The axel seal must be tapped in with a rubber malet and a flat piece of some wood or plastic. lightly tap in the seals. then you must use grease and rub the inside of the seal and lip and outer portion. You also need to make sure to push the axel in and until its snug in place. pull slightly to see if it seated. the ring clip also needs to be on the axel, make sure that is there before sliding in the axel. sometimes when you pull the things out, the ring stays inside of the tranny, you need to get it out.

when you pulled the old ones out, were the rings present on the axel ends? this is a problem if not.

Chris 92 classic 03 SE-R

1 - 5 of 5 Posts