Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does unbolting the muffler from the stock exhaust cause a drop in power? I figured since it was a reverse-flow muffler it would increase the flow and increase power to remove it, but I tried it today and I thought I felt a loss in power. It could be my imagination.

If you know for sure, post it. Don't guess.

·
Banned
809 Posts
it could be giving you more backpressure, because there is less pipe for theexaust fumes to travel, and your engine could be pumping alot.. ALOT of exaust... and the stock pipe is so small... it could make bakcpressure.

·
Registered
34 Posts
less backpressure if you unbolt the headers too hahaha. leave off the muffler man! be like evil kinieval hahaha but dont get caught or else your ass is fugged

·
Registered
34 Posts
haha true...but you know how a majority of so cali cops are lil pricks about stuff like that and arent lenient at all.

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
or just get 6 flat washers, stack em up against the flange bolts, 3 on each side, give or take a half inch gap, then run it, muffler is still there, but just with an exhaust leak, sounds deep, and it doesn't have that whiny high rev sound, like on most hondas, just a suggestion........

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
well at first, the "power loss" is really at take-off, loosing back pressure, means loosing low-end torque, and this gap thing was just a suggestion, better than unbolting and ridding off the muffler completely....but it's just a suggestion...........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts