Nissan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so a friend and i were gonna try the ghetto intake and he gets the idea to put a sock as the filter...haha dont try it well we didn't go all out but it started to suck it in it might be able to work...anyway we had the top of the box off and left eveyrthing open with no filter and it had recognizable gains obviously u need a filter, but it was kinda cool... also would it be better to run a pipe to the fender and stick a cone on it or just put a cone on the piece where the box is suppose to be...

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
It'd be better to run a pipe to the fender well to make it a CAI, otherwise you have a WAI if you put it were the OEM fliter was. If you want a cheap CAI you can buy my homemade 2.5" one for $35+ shipping, or $50+ shipping if you want me to finish the TB to MAF pipe with welded fittings for your hoses. There's pics of it in the "Chetto CAI" thread, yeah I know, someone misspelled when they posted the thread. :)

·
Registered
553 Posts
I thought I fixed the spelling on that? It shows it correct on my PC atleast...

I wonder if a sock can filter out enough? Any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
393 Posts
uhh... no. you can pretty much push tiny rocks thru a sock, if you tried hard enough... you think its gonna filter dust and microscopic crap?

·
Registered
553 Posts
I figured it wouldn't filter more than a large boulder, but i've also seen some very tighly knit, high fiber socks. ;)

G

·
lol haha this is the freind with the sock idea. haha that was about the funnyest thing ever. we do need some ideas on a filter though, tell us what you have

·
Registered
553 Posts
You can get a filter and MAF adapter off of ebay for around $40... Then all you need is some piping and clamps and you have what you need for a ghetto CAI.

G

·
sweet thanx man. i was thinking that if we took some pvc pipe and then put this thermal spray stuff on it and then a filter that would work. not to sure yet. but if i give it a try ill let ya know how it goes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts