Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Still here
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 92 N/A out 2 nights ago and got about 1/4 mile from my house when the clutch stopped functioning. I turned around and on my drive back to my house i saw a trail of fluid that came from under my car. In the previous weeks i had noticed a great deal of slippage in the clutch. Any ideas?

·
Still here
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the posts. I'm having the car towed to my mechanic today. I had it in the shop previously for the clutch slipping and they said that they needed to replace it and replace/resurface the flywheel. I'm having it taken to a second place for a new opinion.

·
Still here
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jer28 said:
If you noticed that the clutch was slipping, AND you brought the car in to a shop because of a slipping clutch then why would you doubt that the shop thinks you need a new clutch :confused: .
I would take a guess that it was either the master or the slave cylinder for the clutch. Just take a look at the fluid level, if its almost all but gone then it can be either the master or the slave as mentioned earlier. Some can be rebuilt but I just do the lazy thing and buy a new one when they go bad. The bad news here is that a new clutch with labor and parts (including machine work) is not going to be cheap.....
I hope its something thats going to be inexpensive, because this car has been a nightmare. If not i think i am just gonna have to push it off of a very tall object. The next Z i own is going to be looked over by a mechanic BEFORE i purchase the damn thing. :loser: <---me

Crossing my fingers while its in the shop.

Thanks for the opinions.

·
Still here
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SanMarcosZfreak said:
it will cost u money no matter what, a mechanic can't tell u everything, my cars in the shop right now, i took it in for a new steering rack, and i'm getting a new clutch and tranny
I'm glad i took it to a different shop. The first place quoted me over a G just to fix the clutch. The clutch was fine. It was the master cylander. That was replaced. The fluid that i saw on the ground was actually power steering fluid. (which makes sense because when i would turn the car on, for the first 10 minutes of it running, if i turned the wheel, the car would groan really loud.) So anyways. 700 bucks to fix the MC and the PS. Not too bad. But i'm sellin the Z anyways. Too much of a hassle. I bought a 200sx and i'm gonna rock that until i can do it right and buy a Twin Turbo.

·
Still here
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
♣AsleepZ♣ said:
700 bucks to fix the master cylinder and the power steering..... I think I replaced my whole system (MC and SC) besides the lines for under 75...
well ill tell you what, next time i need a repair done, ill PM you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.