Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What all is involved / cost with putting A/C in a car that does not have one?
I am looking for a car here soon and am interested in this one: Car
He says he has all of the part...

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
1. you do NOT want a Z as a daily driver.

2. A/C isn't terribly hard to install...
install evap core in airbox under dash
run high and low pressure lines to compressor and condensor core.
install compressor on engine
run lines from compresor to dryer, then from dryer to condensor..
install electricals to run the system (switch in dash, relay, +12v to compressor)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Matt93SE said:
1. you do NOT want a Z as a daily driver.
Why whould you say not have a Z as my daily driver? My first car was a '80 280ZX 2+2. I still miss that car. The only thing wrong with it was the fact it had a 3spd auto.

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
they're getting very long in the tooth now.. things break and parts aren't readily available anymore... so if you break something strange, it's goign to take a while to get it running again.
I guess if you have one that's in excellent running condition, then go for it.. but most of them I've seen aren't capable of driving on the street every day.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I got 3 280ZX in the family beforeback in the late 80,they are great great car,but like Matt said"things break and parts aren't readily available anymore"and the body rust might be a problem. :cool:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Matt93SE said:
they're getting very long in the tooth now.. things break and parts aren't readily available anymore... so if you break something strange, it's goign to take a while to get it running again.
I guess if you have one that's in excellent running condition, then go for it.. but most of them I've seen aren't capable of driving on the street every day.
I do know of a gut in the New Caney area that has about 3 dozen Z's in his yard with lots of parts... But yeah, I didn't think of that aspect of it. More points to ponder as I begin searching for a car.

·
Registered
195 Posts
what about a Spec V? Those sentras are nice. Or you could always get another max?

And of course I say ... get a frontier! You can drive mine for a while and see if u like it, or an Xterra or somethin. Yeaaaaaa off road action, and I know the best places.

Oh and rob, when we gonna hang out man!?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cryption said:
what about a Spec V? Those sentras are nice. Or you could always get another max?

And of course I say ... get a frontier! You can drive mine for a while and see if u like it, or an Xterra or somethin. Yeaaaaaa off road action, and I know the best places.

Oh and rob, when we gonna hang out man!?
Spec V's are nice, just a bit small. I enjoy my space. Another Max is always an option, has to be a 5.5 gen though. If I got a Frontier it would have to be 4X4, If I am going to give up my speed addiction I would have to replace it with something just as fun. (I would also need a winch just in case I had too much fun!) I have always liked older Z's and the 2+2's have decent space. Which rules out 350's but brings G35c's into the picture. I am also looking for something that I don't have to make payments on for a long time. I want to have money to MOD! It is hard when you are still paying for your ride. Although if a Maxima or G35s was to come along at a sweet price I would probably jump on it.

Do you have the stuff to finish up your stereo? I also have to come over and copy some stuff from you. I am probably going to BBQ not this weekend but next weekend, you are more than welcome to come over and chill.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Just a thought, I got to drive a Murano this weekend. Not bad for a grocery getter. Handles fair, decent power, and lotsa room.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nova73guy said:
Just a thought, I got to drive a Murano this weekend. Not bad for a grocery getter. Handles fair, decent power, and lotsa room.
The FX35/45 are really sweet too. And I am totally in love with how they look, I just see an SUV in my future.

·
Registered
195 Posts
i dont have the radio stuff, i decided to just skip it.

Give me a call sometime when you want to copy everything.

If you don't mind not having a nissan you can get a nice Audi S4

1 - 12 of 12 Posts