Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
My Qashqai from 2016 is having issues. The indicator light for tyre pressure keeps lighting 5-6 minutes into The ride. Before that, I Can see The pressure is all fine. But still it suddenly tuens on The light and there’s just dots when I swipe The Dashboard to show The tyre pressure.

i’ve changed from summer to winter tyres But The same problem appears. The pressure is fine - it seems techinal. Maybe others have had The same problem? I’ve tried to reset & calibrate But nothing works.

it’s been an issue since last year when changing from winter to summer tyres. Btw it works for all 4 tyres. It shows The pressure But after a couple of minutes it just stops.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I hesitate to extrapolate X-trails from US models, but it sounds like the TPMS monitor (inside the BCM on a US model, but yours may have a separate controller) is losing contact with the sensors. That would indicate an antenna or internal power issue in the controller. Does it recover after you drive a few more minutes? If so, then it may be that power to the controller is being interrupted (wiring issue).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hesitate to extrapolate X-trails from US models, but it sounds like the TPMS monitor (inside the BCM on a US model, but yours may have a separate controller) is losing contact with the sensors. That would indicate an antenna or internal power issue in the controller. Does it recover after you drive a few more minutes? If so, then it may be that power to the controller is being interrupted (wiring issue).
thanks for your reply. No, it does not recover at all. It keeps The indicator on. It’s weird. Im not totally into The TPMS, But isnt The valve (?) a part of it to messure The pressure, or Can The system recognize any pressure regardless of The wheel?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
You're most welcome! If it isn't recovering then there has to be some sort of issue with the controller, either its internal power supply, CAN transceiver, or antenna system. Each of the sensors has its own transmitter and they usually transmit at a fixed angle of the wheel on each or every-so-many revolutions. The fact that they all go out at once means the problem can't be with the individual sensors. Whether the BCM handles the task or it's a stand-alone controller, there should be DTC's in the system with clues as to what's happening. If the controller shows data errors for all the wheels, then the problem is most likely a bad antenna or RF transceiver. If it shows no codes but other systems like the cluster or ABS have "U" codes for lost communication, then it's most likely a power supply or CAN wiring issue.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
PS - Virtually all those parts are internal to the BCM or controller, so it's simply important to eliminate a CAN wiring issue. If it isn't CAN wiring, the BCM or controller will almost certainly need replacement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.