Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys my two middle injectors are not working the one to the left and right of them are.The plugs are working. i dont know if they arent getting fuel or if they are clogged up because the car did have bad nasty red gas in it. if its clogged how would i go about unclogging it?? and also what should the fuel pressure be on the output of the fuel filter??

·
Registered
430 Posts
bad gas would do it.

injectors also just stop working sometimes.
the solenoids inside go bad somehow.

most likely, injector cleaner won't work it has to pass through to clean them.
and i don't like using cleaner cuz that usually clogs them up completely...

when you put it in the tank, it supposed to eat up all the deposits in the tank and the lines and the injectors but it can just loosen the stuff... move it down to the filter... once that clogs you gotta get another, and if it passes that it clogs the injectors. it's supposed to dissintegrate the deposits, but i've heard it happening.

the fuel pressure should be in your FSM, or go up to the dealer, walk around back to the shop, and catch a tech... service techs you talk to on the phone are no help, they just give you estimates on service and take your keys.

one of the techs that actually work on the car should know that by heart. if not, if you catch one on a good day, they'll just give you print outs of the FSM off their computer for you for whatever pages you need.

that's how i got by on rebuilding all sorts of stuff before i lucked out, and found someone online that had the whole thing i could download.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,051 Posts
If the injectors are plugged up, they need to be removed and either replaced or taken to an injector cleaning service for ultrasonic cleaning.

The fuel pressure averages around 43 psi.

·
Registered
430 Posts
hmmm... i've just always replaced them...
not real easy to do without breaking them if you don't have the puller, but if you got extras... worth the free job.

like Rogo said, you can have a special cleaner clean them, but you've got to first find a shop with one, and then pay for old ones to be cleaned when a new one would be better...
course... if you had bad gas you're spending money on new injectors that will clog again if you don't get that crap out of the system.
fuel system cleaner.. a couple times
fuel filter change.. a couple times
fuel injectors... won't know til it works right, but they're expensive to replace over and over.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what do you guys think about bg 44??? i heard it works really goodim thinkin about trying it before getting them cleaned

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have stock Almeras pressures about 12,2 BARs when idle and Full throttle 2,9 to 3,0 BAR. At the beginning when you turn the key it shoulkd rise up to to 3 BARs. Take injectors and distributor of. Make marks where it should be ewhen attaching again and turn ignition power on. After that jus turn distribuor and check what kind of a spray injectors are giving. Should give you a decent picture of wha it clocked and what is working properly.

- No-Pain -

·
Registered
430 Posts
just be careful not to have any fire near it, while it's spraying fuel all over your engine bay.

again, cleaners knock all that crap in the system lose... there's always a chance of it just clogging new injectors. but enough of it should eat it all away i guess.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bosch and Mercedes said before that running a good fuel injection cleaner in the tank every so often is not bad. In fact, Bosch has posted (see the Bosch Fuel injection book, by HP books) a diagram showing how it changed the flow.

Cleaning fuel injectors that are completely clogged may require an ultrasonic bath. I myself just send them to Cruzin Performance. At $12/injector it is a deal IMHO.

·
7,051 Posts
what do you guys think about bg 44??? i heard it works really goodim thinkin about trying it before getting them cleaned
BG44 is one of the best injection cleaners on the market. I've used it myself to cure a stumbling idle problem. It is a very strong solvent so use it sparingly.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
are injectors hard to take out?? i was thinking about findng a local shop and havin them do it. ow do you reccomend i get the rest of the old gas and crap out of my system??

·
7,051 Posts
Top feed injectors are fairly easy to remove, while side feed injectors can be a real pita to remove. Your best bet is to get a shop to service the injectors.

By all means drain the fuel tank and clean the rest of the system.

·
Registered
430 Posts
lol... lower the tank with fuel in it (cuz you can't run the engine dry and it's pretty nasty to suck fuel out of a tank)
pour it into something to save it... being careful to make sure it's sealed so you don't go to jail for fumes.

soak and clean (w/o water) (there's specialty shops for this too), soak the lines in solvant or gas.

oh, and cleaner is great if you use it on a regular basis, that's actually freakin awesome if you use it on a reg., but if you wait until the injector is already clogged, then it's going to a: be clogged and won't burn off the deposits, just clog more and b: because you waited there's so much crap in the tank and line that when you go to clean it, it will just clog new injectors.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
gah! i really dont feel like doing all that! is it hard to take out and put back in? what do you mean sealed so i dont go to jail!? and im low on funds so what should i clean it with?? and you say not to use water? thanks alot man

·
Registered
430 Posts
think of this...
go pick up 5 gallons of milk in the groc store up at once...
heavy huh?

now imagine this:
you're under your car...
you've got one bolt holding up 8-10 gallons OF GAS!...

all you've got is yourself and a covered jack so you don't go and poke a hole through the tank...

as you loosen that last bolt... which is usually on the inside of the chassis... (on the inside of the car going down the the top of the gastank you can't reach)...

it falls...

k.. now you've gotten the tank out w/ 10 gallons of gas still in it...
now's your time to cuss at it. (BUT DON'T KICK OR SMOKE AROUND IT)

well, you've got to store that gas somewhere AIRTIGHT (because a: it evaporates, and b: it's extremely bad for your oxygen), while you work on the tank... not only cuz you have to work on the tank, but because you also have to put the tank back in later..
and putting in a tank that weighs 30-40lbs is waaay better than trying to install a tank that weighs 100-150lbs.

...as for cleaning it... i'm sure there's a particular solvant or cleaner that does that job... but a: it's gonna be some strong shit, so get your eye/mouth/nose/skin protection, and b: you need somewhere you can use it and clean up later without it getting into the water system.

this is why there's even a specialty shop for gastanks.

this is why it's so expensive to have a badass car. ;] resources.

·
Registered
70 Posts
To get the gas out I just relieve the pressure out of the fuel system via the valve, then unhook the fuel supply line from the engine and stick it into a gas tank then turn the key to run and let the fuel pump do it... Maybe I'm ghetto..... :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Might be Ghetto but it's effective! In fact I was going to reply with the same suggestion! Not for nothing Bud but what makes you think that the injectors are bad? I'm currious because I would love to know what to look for when mine crap out?? I was thinking my old motor had an injector or fuel pump problem because the plugs were extreamly white. Then one of the guy's that wrenches on foriegn stuff told me that these cars run lean and reading pluggs is for old timers with Holey Dominators like myself! Lol!!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts