Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Destroyer of worlds.
2,656 Posts
had a similar occurance with my girlfriends car(there's a thread about in the ga16 section). anyway, i fixed the lack of spark problem but the engine still didn't work. so i took it to a mechanic.

he said that if a car is cranked a lot with no spark(but with fuel) the unburned fuel tends to wash the cylinders clean of oil. this eliminates the oil seal around the cylinders and thus elimnated compression.(no compression=no ignition).

the fix was to squirt some motor oil in through the spark plug holes. worked right away on her car, maybe yours has the same issue.

· Destroyer of worlds.
2,656 Posts
ahh of course! if the right injector is bad it can foul all the plugs before they have a chance to spark(happened to me). try starting the car for about 1 minute, then pull each plug and inspect it for gasoline. if one plug is not fouled with gasoline(or at least smells strongly of gas) then its likely that the adjacent injector is not working.

check the inectors first, then try the motor oil on the cylinder heads.

· Destroyer of worlds.
2,656 Posts
Slacky said:
, gas still comes out alot at first
not as much as when someone turns the ignition! buahahahaha! my girlfriend wanted to take a cd out of her cd player, but didn't know that the fuel pump primes before you try to start the car. so i got a nice gasoline shower..yummy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.