Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi newbie here but i'll go right ahead and ask a big question. . .

turbocharging is pretty big here in the philippines, and since i noticed that the altima and the x have basically the same engine,

does anyone know the compression of the QR25de? and is the block and tranny strong enough to handle 6-7psi?

and will a Garret T3 turbine do the job for daily driving purpose. . . or would a T28 off a skyline be more advisable?

·
X-Trail Moderator
902 Posts
zeero said:
hi newbie here but i'll go right ahead and ask a big question. . .

turbocharging is pretty big here in the philippines, and since i noticed that the altima and the x have basically the same engine,

does anyone know the compression of the QR25de? and is the block and tranny strong enough to handle 6-7psi?

and will a Garret T3 turbine do the job for daily driving purpose. . . or would a T28 off a skyline be more advisable?

Hi Zeero,

Wow turbo! wouldn't that be something...
You probably know that the Japanese market already gets a turbo AWD X-trail out of the SR20VET engine so I would think that the tranny is strong enough...

Back to the QR25DE:
I don't know much about the details, but have a look at the Sentra section in this forum there is lots:

You will see that basically there is one successful company with a stable Turbo kit. And what do you know right here in Canada!
They are: PowerTechImports.com go and have a look they may have all your answers.

ValBoo.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts