Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of trying to put a turbo on my '93 se-r and have a ton of questions... Can my stock ECU still be used,safely?
Will 370cc injectors be ok with a t-25 or t-28?(preferably t-28)
What muffler works,sounds best? What type of fuel management to use? I have a DET manifold and a t-25 from an '85 200sx not sure how good it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yes, the stock DE ECU runs OK as is with 370cc injectors but don't expect good gas milage.

I run a stock DE ECU, 370cc, Apex Super AFC, Apex Turbo Timer with digital A/F ratio guage and I love it!

You could run either T-25 or T-28 but you should know that the T-25 can just about max. out the 370cc but you can run 4 bar psi with the T-28 to allow for more power.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, that should free up about 5-600 dollars from the ECU. If a t-25 will just about max out 370s' would it just be better to get bigger injectors? Are 370s' the biggest that will fit in the stock rail? sooo many questions!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Personally I would get 50lb injectors, and an ECU from JWT. Then again I also plan on going overkill on some other things too. I like upgradability and security!:D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another question: Do I need an FMU (like a Vortec FMU)to boost fuel pressure under boost or can the pressure regulator handle it? I'm getting an AFC and the 370's for now...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info Ryan, but on the advice of a friend I already bought an AFC. Now in trying to not blow up my engine I'm looking for product info. It's an APEXi AFC from Japan,do you or anybody else know where I can get a wiring diagram for the AFC? Or should I just sell it and wait until I can scrape up JWT ECU money.

·
Registered
314 Posts
from what i have been told the AFC is a good controller but is best left for experianced tuners. I personally am just going to suck it up and go JWT so i dont blow the motor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts