Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked around and I haven't really found the answer, so here it goes:
I want to put a turbo charger in my 02 Sentra SER (not spec v) with Front mount intercooler, cold air intake and chip, maybe a boost gauge, are there any modifications that I need to do to the engine so it can support those things or can I just bolt them in and feel safe that nothing is going to get messed up?

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Sentra SER said:
I've looked around and I haven't really found the answer, so here it goes:
I want to put a turbo charger in my 02 Sentra SER (not spec v) with Front mount intercooler, cold air intake and chip, maybe a boost gauge, are there any modifications that I need to do to the engine so it can support those things or can I just bolt them in and feel safe that nothing is going to get messed up?
Regardless your motor itself is the same as the Spec V. Thus the Spec V turbo kits should be pretty compatible. You should search "turbo spec V" and read the posts that come up.

the answer to your question is not really simple. How reliable it will be depends on how well your setup is pieced together and tuned. The QR does not like lots of boost so trying to make huge power on the stock bottom end is not a great idea.

My recommendation is to spend some time reading here, and at the V board forums on this subject.

·
Drifting is for amatures
1,578 Posts
i heard it was the internals (crank/rods/pistons) that wouldnt hold to turbo.. what is the block made out of again?.. iron/alum?

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
The QR25DE is an aluminum block, open deck design.

Please view the sticky in this forum that says "Turbo kits for your car, s/c too!" Also I suggest searching the forum for information about your car, as there is no such thing as a chip available.

btw, it would be unwise to run a turbo kit without a boost gauge ;)

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
504 Posts
the spec v has only minor differences from the regular se-r like the 17 inch wheels, the 6-speed, 185 at the crank instead of 175, and a few other odds and ends but the same car ntl

·
8,328 Posts
sunnydet90 said:
the spec v has only minor differences from the regular se-r like the 17 inch wheels, the 6-speed, 185 at the crank instead of 175, and a few other odds and ends but the same car ntl
180 at the crank, not 185 ;)

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
there are a few turbo qr25's pushing upwards twoards 400 WHP.

·
g33k/gamer/QR nerd
445 Posts
xbrandonx said:
there are a few turbo qr25's pushing upwards twoards 400 WHP.
That had sh*t loads of money dropped into them, more than likely more than what the car is worth

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
But the satisfaction of making a normal, kinda fast car into a beast that people will just walk away from saying hell no I won't race that is what matters, not only for the other person but for you too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The Qr25 does hold a turbo, up to 8 pounds without a problem. At 8 pounds it puts out up to 290 whp. But then your stock tranny wotn be able to handle it so youll need a flywheel new clutch and pressure plate. PTI makes this. There are people on this forum that turboed their spec v and since then have put like 50,000 on thier engine without any problems. Now if you want to abuse it, and boost the crap put of it, then any aluminum block will blow. The safest turbo probably is the Pti.The PTI kit gives you 280 to the wheels at 7 pounds which is a lot of power for a 2700 pound car. this whould get you in the 12s also the kit comes with everything you need. You have to modify the fuelrail though. And there was one more thing that you had to modify but I forgot what it was. Just go to their website.

·
8,328 Posts
Sentra SER said:
But the satisfaction of making a normal, kinda fast car into a beast that people will just walk away from saying hell no I won't race that is what matters, not only for the other person but for you too.

you can say that all you want, but after you dump the money into it you might question that.

this is how I know you're not turbo. Just save up that money, dump it in to the QR, reach the limits of the internals, and wonder why you didn't get something that has more potential out of the box ;)

·
g33k/gamer/QR nerd
445 Posts
chimmike said:
and wonder why you didn't get something that has more potential out of the box ;)
Like a WRX....EVO.....or Pharrari's mom :hal:

·
Registered
55 Posts
its funny how all you people own sentras but talk sht about them as if they suck. the qr25 has not been out that long, there are many after market parts coming out for the ser and this is what makes our cars good. ser and spec v are cars for people on a budget. shti if I had the money i would have bought a freaking gtr not a spec v. and for the money you pay you get a good car, plus there is a lot of potential in the spec v, it might not be a 1/4 mile car. but on the highway its a deadly weapon. I love my spec v and anyone who owns a sentra and puts it down then they should not belong to this forum. I am sorry if I offend someoen by saying that, but I hate when people dotn believe in their cars. if they had no potential why did you buy it in the first place, this is a performance forum, if you bought it for the gas milage and the relaibility thats fine but then dont go and say they have no potential because they do. Anyohe that thinks sentras have no potential sopem see me with you wrx or srt4 I will eat you alive on teh quarter or the highway. and i bet you i have spent less money on my car then you have on yours. Now Im sorry for offending anyone, this is just my opinion.

·
Drifting is for amatures
1,578 Posts
damn, thats a very bold statement.. what exactly do you have done to eat sub 13 second cars.. i know spec v's wont pull no 13's (stock anyways)

·
g33k/gamer/QR nerd
445 Posts
buddyclub2003 said:
its funny how all you people own sentras but talk sht about them as if they suck. the qr25 has not been out that long, there are many after market parts coming out for the ser and this is what makes our cars good. ser and spec v are cars for people on a budget. shti if I had the money i would have bought a freaking gtr not a spec v. and for the money you pay you get a good car, plus there is a lot of potential in the spec v, it might not be a 1/4 mile car. but on the highway its a deadly weapon. I love my spec v and anyone who owns a sentra and puts it down then they should not belong to this forum. I am sorry if I offend someoen by saying that, but I hate when people dotn believe in their cars. if they had no potential why did you buy it in the first place, this is a performance forum, if you bought it for the gas milage and the relaibility thats fine but then dont go and say they have no potential because they do. Anyohe that thinks sentras have no potential sopem see me with you wrx or srt4 I will eat you alive on teh quarter or the highway. and i bet you i have spent less money on my car then you have on yours. Now Im sorry for offending anyone, this is just my opinion.
Well theres people that come on here talking about upgrades and performance goals that are just beyond the physical and mechanical limitations of the QR25...they speak out of pure ignorance and compare sentras to Top ended hondas...WRX's and EVO's.. which by they the latter two vehicles are in a catagory of their own.
i speak for myself and for a lot of the veterans of this forum when i say... the sentra doesnt suck... thank you very much, in fact im upgrading to a Spec V in the next week or so.

The spec v is what you could call a budget pocket rocket.... with that said, there is always something better (for more $$) off the lot. Unless you spent more than a couple grand in your spec v... the fastest N/A spec v ive heard of did the quarter in 14 flat? high 13's? i highly doubt your spec will outgun any of the vehicles you mentioned on the 1320

1 - 20 of 58 Posts