Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone knows where to find a manifold for it and what the max boost for the stock parts is. let me know if u can help. thanks

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
i was also wondering what is a good psi for all stock block? i mean more towards the safe side too :)
if you're going with stock block, you're obviously not looking to make a track monster. stock block can probably handle up to 12-14psi if at brand new condition, without much trouble. but i wouldn't go that high without rebuilding and putting in all new internals.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i have a worked block and i push 18psi. when i go to 20psi the motor starts to brake up because of lack of fuel. the first thing you should do is figure out the hp you want then upgrade. dont go all out at once. i did and i broke my trans. be patient about it. dont rush. the main thing is injectors maf and ecu. the best turbo to go with is a ko3 or t25. i have a b12 turbo and at 18 psi its fast! the key to a long lasting turbo is oil. when you do an oil change remember to alway disconnect the distributor and crank it to prime the turbo before you turn it on and let the car idle after a drive to let the turbo cool. the drive train wont hold more than 15 psi and a racing clutch so use a stock clutch to keep it from transfering to much torque at once. DONT SKIMP OUT ON THE FUEL. GET GOOD INJECTORS AND A PROPER MAF AND ECU. AND DONT BE CHEAP. YOU COULD END UP SPENDING MORE BEING CHEAP, THEN BUYING THE GOOD STUFF.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts