Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
can u be more spacific aboudt the turbo kit ? id like to know about it as well ....

·
Registered
56 Posts
well I can tell you this much.Kits are easy but usualy dont make them for ALL models of cars.
you can do some research and make your own custom kit depending on what you want and what the engine can take.....
example;Get a small turbo(gt25 or 28)since the 1.6 engine isnt a high reving engine you would like it to spool quicker. Depending on how much PSI you want to boost,7-8 pounds is ok on stock internals......anything higher then that will need a ECU for fine tuning. And probably internals probably should be changed for stronger rods,aftermarket pistons ect....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
turbo on 1.6 sentra???

yea i couldnt find any kits for my car but wat about universal kits like jdm's kits on ebay?? will those work??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks alot for everyones help i learned alot more about different setups now i just need to save up the money and ill probably be back with some kit ideas and any suggestions from you guys thanks again!

·
Registered
485 Posts
try using google people. There are 2 kits right there for the 1.6. There are only a couple of kits available and there not really fully complete bolt on kits. You will need to do other mods to be able to really run these kits reliably.

Turbo Specialties Turbo Kit Applications

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
I have one of the kits and have actually have no problems with reliability for the last year, with pretty much no extra mods.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Just wondering, what mods did you have prior? How much boost your running, and also have you done any extra tuning like ecu or any type of fuel remapping? Am looking at these myself but have been getting alot of conflicting views and results.

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
I had no prior mods. I installed a 2 1/2 exhaust with the kit, and a air filter with maf adapter off ebay (you can see it in my youtube video). At 6 lbs of boost the car is great. Noticable power difference, and I've had the kit for a year with no problems. If you are really hard on it you will definitly need a stronger clutch, but if it's a daily driver with some track time the stock one will be ok (it's what I am running now). If you turn the boost up past 10 lbs you will need to do something about fuel management. At 6 lbs stock ecu/injectors/maf work fine. It came with two secondary injectors which I haven't used until now. I am trying to turn boost up so I am thinking on using some dsm tricks to fool the ecu into thinking it's getting less air and then using the secondary injectors to make up the difference.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts