Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heya guys. im gona up grade turbo coz mi dad works at a nissan wreakers n im woundrin wot turbo to upgrade to? iv just got the stock ca18det turbo at the moment n im woundrin if i shud go the s15 turbo or maybe the sss bluebird turbo T25 ball bearing? or maybe even something else? im wanting the turbo 4 draging so least amount of lagg is nessary,but i want to up the boost aswell with my new boost controler. wots your thorts guys? i want to run it on my standard internals and wot boost can i run the turbo at?

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
zimmerman said:
heya guys. im gona up grade turbo coz mi dad works at a nissan wreakers n im woundrin wot turbo to upgrade to? iv just got the stock ca18det turbo at the moment n im woundrin if i shud go the s15 turbo or maybe the sss bluebird turbo T25 ball bearing? or maybe even something else? im wanting the turbo 4 draging so least amount of lagg is nessary,but i want to up the boost aswell with my new boost controler. wots your thorts guys? i want to run it on my standard internals and wot boost can i run the turbo at?
what in the name of god did you just say?

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
im not sure what turbo comes on a CA18DET, but i'll look for you, and see what i can find, now you want one with very little lag right? but one that can produce a lot of power...should be hard to find one that makes good power and still spools fast, ill see what i can find though

·
I should be azRS13...
1,021 Posts
If your going for drag... I would suggest looking for a Bluebird GTI-R T28... The S15 T28 is Rollerbearing and has quicker spooling! The GTI-R T28 is not but I heard is stronger! Either way they will both be very deadly on a CA...

·
I should be azRS13...
1,021 Posts
On a side note... Can you hook me up with a S15 T28?

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
If I were you I'd choose a much larger turbo than a T28. One that will be building boost in your powerband all the way to redline. Take me for example. I had a T04E turbo custom built for my revv range. I will be building boost from 4000-8000rpm strong. Of course, you should also do other supporting mods to help out your cause and get a larger turbo to spool.

·
Registered
104 Posts
what about GT25R turbo ?
from what i searched over the net this seams a very good solution for the CA18DET

·
Pivot 180
2,258 Posts
Are you going to upgrade any other components? Anything bigger than a S15 T28 will require AFM, injectors, retune etc.
The turbo on the CA is a plain old tiny T25

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if i go with the t28 turbo off the s15, can i run it with everthing else standard? also with this new turbo on how much can i up the boost? i was thinkin of running it at 10psi, would that be sweet considering everything else is standard?
oh and wot is the gt25r off?

·
Registered
104 Posts
zimmerman said:
oh and wot is the gt25r off?
probably u hear of the T series turbo form garrett and GT series also from garrett

the T28BB is much similar as i understood with the GT28R and there stated power is somewere at 300HP
a little improvment for them is the GT28RS wich is stated at around 340HP

but as i also understood u need to change the mainfold (i do not know if i speled it write) to be able to insatll a a 28 turbo

the GT25R turbo stated at about 400HP with low lag
the only disavantages is the price around 1000$

"The GT25R Turbo has high power with a T25 frame turbo. Perfect for those who want high power but do not want to change manifolds. 48 Trim GT series compressor wheel in .70 A/R T04S housing with 4" inlet. Flows 44 lb/min. Good to 395 whp. T25 76 trim 54mm GT series turbine wheel in .86 A/R. Dual GT steel ball bearing center section. This is the most powerful T25 turbo available today."

form me this seams to be the best solution for the CA18DET

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wot wud be the upgades you wud do if you were in my position, keepin in mind i dnt have a money tree. i need bot 300hp at the wheels,if im to stand any chance.

·
Registered
104 Posts
zimmerman said:
wot wud be the upgades you wud do if you were in my position, keepin in mind i dnt have a money tree. i need bot 300hp at the wheels,if im to stand any chance.
what i thought about:

stage 1
SPEC stage 3 clutch kit
600x300x76 mm FMIC
3" exhaust

stage 1,5
Z32 AFM
fuel pump
injectors
fuel presure regulator
ecu remap
mechanical boost controler

stage 2
GT25R turbo and mainfold (there are more then 1 tipe of GT25R turbo i do not know yet wich i'll chose)

when i get here i'll think about
camshaft
and other internals

but for the moment i try to raise the money for the stage 1 upgrades and some of the stage 1,5

in same time with all this things i'll do as much custom things for my car in order to ligten all the parts that can be lightened
batery conversion, to make room for the intercooler piping
custom made intercooler piping (cheper then buy ones already made)
lightened flyweel

and if i have luck i'll replace all posible mechanical pumps with electric ones

·
I should be azRS13...
1,021 Posts
Are you looking for a turbo upgrade that you can aquire from your dads yard? Or are you asking for turbos that you can buy? Because if you want a GT28R, I doubt you will find that in a yard... With a S15 T28, Im pretty sure you can crank it up to 15pounds.

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
zimmerman said:
Maybe you should wait until you have more money to conquer this task a bit easier. You will always run into problems when doing this stuff, and if you don't have access to any spare money, your out of a car then... So to answer your question. If I was you, I'd wait for proper funding.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i know il have to upgrade the internals sumtime and i plan to. but how much can they take? i hear theyr prety tough. wot boost cud i run through the standard setup,on the standard turbo? u know b4 it blows? maybe il try n c? im guessing it will be the internals that will limit the max boost possible to run through the car standard? or is sumthing else likly to blow first?

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
CA18FASTBACK92 said:
Is the s15 t28 a direct bolt on for the ca18det? How much power should you expect to make with t28,fmic, 3" exhaust, and maybe ecu tuning.
A flange is needed for the the T28 onto the CA18DET. These are available from EBay for cheap. I know of one car with the setup you describe (CA18DET w/ FMIC, exhaust, S15 T28) and he made 224.5 rwhp.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
Oh yeah, the S15 T28 puts out about .75 bar, around 11 psi...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts