Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i want to turbo my 200sx. i've had it for a few years now and i'm tired of the stock horse power. i would be extremely happy if someone would post some links for a turbo kit... i am looking to spend between $1000-$2000.. and i also need to understand the concept of putting one on. i work at a mechanic shop at a college. but they wont let us modify our cars which is BS... so please help

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
this is the one and only kit for the GA16DE at the moment. the non-intercooled kit is between 1300-1600 depending on who you buy it from.

GA16DE TSI kit

the intercooled kit is about an extra grand. it does come with more extras other than the intercooler.

if you want a bigger turbo, you can order it direct from TSI.

i emailed them in the fall, and a complete intercooled kit with a T25BB was $2800, which is pretty good as far as kits go.

don't go bigger than a T28RS on a GA16DE.

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
why do you say not to go bigger than T28rs on a ga16de?
because its way too big for a stock engine. anything bigger is too big for a street built engine. you're just asking for problems and to destroy your engine quickly. a T25BB is more than enough for a 1.6L with a timing CHAIN, not belt. the GA16i is better suited for a bigger turbo.

if you're building a strip beast, i can see a bigger turbo.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Gundam:"the intercooled kit is about an extra grand. it does come with more extras other than the intercooler.

i emailed them in the fall, and a complete intercooled kit with a T25BB was $2800, which is pretty good as far as kits go.
"

so you had good luck with the TSi turbo kit? i was thinking about getting it, but was worried on what actually would come with it, as far as out-of-the-box tuning and such. i realize there is alot of fabrication envolved in the install but did you have to mod any of the parts they sent you? basically was it plug-and-play on the kit end?

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
Gundam:"the intercooled kit is about an extra grand. it does come with more extras other than the intercooler.

"

so you had good luck with the TSi turbo kit? i was thinking about getting it, but was worried on what actually would come with it, as far as out-of-the-box tuning and such. i realize there is alot of fabrication envolved in the install but did you have to mod any of the parts they sent you? basically was it plug-and-play on the kit end?
i actually didn't put it on, i weas doing some price feeling. i'm in school at the moment and don't have the money. a lot of people have used this kit for their GA16DE's already though. some using the base T20, some using a T25.

as far as mounting the kit to the engine, it's a bolt-on application as far as i know. no turbo kit is totally plug and play unless it comes with a pre-programmed stand alone ECU, thats specifically tuned for your car and your setup.

however, the TSI Extreme kit DOES come with the necessary goods to tune your A/F ratios and all. basically it comes with everything you'll need. check out the kit and all that it contains.

if you stick with the T20 and have an OBD1 GA16DE (91-94), you can compensate for needed tuning by using an SR20DE ECU and injectors. this has also already been done by multiple people, and is suggested regardless of the turbo you use, unless you are going with a full standalone and big injector unit.

i would PM beyondbiscuits2, or check out his previous posts and his YouTube channel, TheSentraChannel, for more info. also lookup blownb310's info on the SR20DE ECU swap.

·
Registered
104 Posts
yeah i kno there isnt a true "plu-n-play" turbo kit, i was jsut wondering about the quality of the supplied pieces, but it sounds like it all is, plus i like in the extreme kit you can get the timer, safc, etc all inclusive.....looks like a worthwhile endeavor.

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
yeah i kno there isnt a true "plu-n-play" turbo kit, i was jsut wondering about the quality of the supplied pieces, but it sounds like it all is, plus i like in the extreme kit you can get the timer, safc, etc all inclusive.....looks like a worthwhile endeavor.
it is. that's the shocker with the TSI kits. they're relatively inexpensive as far as turbo kits go for what they come with, and they're really good quality. top notch. i mean, garret turbos are some of the best in the world. and rather than make their own turbo timer and management hardware, they've taken known effective hardware from other people and bundled it in their kit. the manifold and downpipe are good quality cast pieces. you would expect it to be a "cheap" kit for the price, but really its an inexpensive quality kit. and you can modify it.

if you dont want to worry about tuning and just want to bolt it up for a modest boost in power, get the basic kit, and do the SR20DE ECU change, which will put you at 140-150hp. if you are looking for good power, buy the Extreme kit through TSI themselves, and get it with the T25BB. dont bother with the basic T25, the T25BB will be more reliable, and stronger.

·
Registered
74 Posts
does anybody know of a post on their setup. If you have a TsI kit already setup and tuned, what are the setting on your A/F controller. Any ideas on a setup that ust a curiosity. I figured that with a car this light, to be practically fast and fun,200whp is more than enough to play with combined with a decent suspension setup.
thnx

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
does anybody know of a post on their setup. If you have a TsI kit already setup and tuned, what are the setting on your A/F controller. Any ideas on a setup that ust a curiosity. I figured that with a car this light, to be practically fast and fun,200whp is more than enough to play with combined with a decent suspension setup.
thnx
there is a setup already listed for the SAFC-2.

as for the the setup of the kit, its seriously really simple. i have the instructional PDF on my computer, and seriously, the mechanical nuts and bolts are retardedly easy. anyone that's used tools properly before can do it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts