Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· missin' the rwd
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently finally got back into the Z world. I purchased a 91 TT with a few mods, the biggest being JWT sport turbo's. One problem with the car is that it has bad compression in 2 of the cylinders.

When I swap out the old engine with the new engine is there anything I have to do other then swapping the stock turbos on the newer engine to the JWT's and hooking everything back up? Anyone know about how many hours it would take a mechanic to do that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

· Power FC Z32
2,318 Posts
I recently finally got back into the Z world. I purchased a 91 TT with a few mods, the biggest being JWT sport turbo's. One problem with the car is that it has bad compression in 2 of the cylinders.

When I swap out the old engine with the new engine is there anything I have to do other then swapping the stock turbos on the newer engine to the JWT's and hooking everything back up? Anyone know about how many hours it would take a mechanic to do that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Is the new engine a brand new short block or is it a rebuilt? Also I suggest changing out all the old hoses since all most all of them are brittle and most likely be damaged when removing them. As for install it all depends on the mechanic. A mechanic that works on the Z32 would take about a day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.