Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to give the Altima I just picked up a decent upgrade and I thought a turbo system would be the way to go. You guys probably have some suggestions.

·
Have I Hit 12's Yet?
5,325 Posts
you wanna void that brand new warranty?

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
If you have deep pockets, AEBS makes quite the stroker kit. 400 WHP, all motor.

·
Go Drift Alliance!
646 Posts
deus ex machina said:
I'd like to give the Altima I just picked up a decent upgrade and I thought a turbo system would be the way to go. You guys probably have some suggestions.
www.altimas.net

Try searching around there to see what kind of turbo systems people are working on. To my knowledge, there aren't any brand name kits out there, so you'll have to do some legwork to get a lot of custom work done, IE: turbo manifold, IC and all the piping. If you work out fuel management(probably more than likely standalone), you could probably set yourself up with a pretty nice kit, but for way too much money. IMO, a waste of money. You can go fully bolted with cams and have some pretty good power naturally aspirated VQ horsepower, which isn't bad. How much horsepower do you really want out of your VQ? :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Don't put a turbo on it, your voiding the warranty which is a very bad idea..If you want to turbo somthing go buy a 200sx or somthing just not a brand new car

·
Registered
315 Posts
NickZac said:
If you have deep pockets, AEBS makes quite the stroker kit. 400 WHP, all motor.
Wow, thats a nice number. gotta link i can see?

Off topic: tyler why did you change your forum ID?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not too worried about the warrently.

I'll do most of the nismo upgrades they offer, but unfortunatly turbos/superchargers are rather non existant in that department.

·
I miss good ol' OT
1,716 Posts
Uh, guys?

It pays to check his profile. This is kind of telling as to whether or not people are serious or BS'ing you....

Birthday:
September 24, 1984
Not to say that a 20yo can't turbo a car, but spending 30g's and then spending another 5 on a turbo setup? I wouldn't waste my time with this thread anymore.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How much power? To be honest I'd just like to give it any upgrades I can at the moment. I wouldn't say I have deep enough pockets to start doing engine swaps or any of that level stuff, but I can definatly dump about 10-20K into it over the course of the next year.

Mark said:
This is kind of telling as to whether or not people are serious or BS'ing you.... I wouldn't waste my time with this thread anymore.
You know, I was really hoping I would be able to get some decent info and help from this site as none of my friends really are into nissan. If you want to simply ignore me because of my age I'm not going to waste my time here.

If you honestly need proof that I own the car I can post pics, but it sure is disheartening to think that I'm not even worth a 10 second response on a message board.

---

Oh, and if the question of where I can get this type of money is such a mystery, I am a full time college student getting a fair share of scholarships and working two part time jobs.

·