Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the det rod/main bearings (non-gti-r) are made of different materials vs. the usde bearings? From my understanding there the same materials but a builder questioned it. Due to the fact that the 300zx turbo bearings are different material than the NA version. Also since turbo cars will obviously see heavier load tha a NA car.

Thanks!
Larry

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Larry said:
Anyone know if the det rod/main bearings (non-gti-r) are made of different materials vs. the usde bearings? From my understanding there the same materials but a builder questioned it. Due to the fact that the 300zx turbo bearings are different material than the NA version. Also since turbo cars will obviously see heavier load tha a NA car.

Thanks!
Larry
Same material and for the bluebird trubo motor, the same bearings. The GTI-R bearing has different oil grooves in the mains to feed the rod bearings different but the material is the same.

Mike

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike,
Thats what i remember hearing. Dave Rebello was saying thats there is difference between the Z's bearings but you answered our question.

Thanks
Larry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts