Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i'm turboing my KA24E but i need to know something about the oil cooling on the turbo. where are you guys running your oil lines from? and can anyone recommend how i do mine?

Thanks,
Don

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
sunnydet90 said:
ok i'm turboing my KA24E but i need to know something about the oil cooling on the turbo. where are you guys running your oil lines from? and can anyone recommend how i do mine?

Thanks,
Don
They are usually teed off of the oil presure sending unit. This is the best spot as it is after the oil filter and is usually easy to do. You have to buy the proper fitting to do this.

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wes said:
They are usually teed off of the oil presure sending unit. This is the best spot as it is after the oil filter and is usually easy to do. You have to buy the proper fitting to do this.
ok on the KA24E i'm assuming that the sending unit is the little plug with the single wire running off of it thats on the side of where you put the oil filter?and when you say "teed" are you referring to put a "T" connector after the sensor that will run the oil to the turbo and then just run a return to the oil pan?

Thanks,
Don

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
sunnydet90 said:
ok on the KA24E i'm assuming that the sending unit is the little plug with the single wire running off of it thats on the side of where you put the oil filter?and when you say "teed" are you referring to put a "T" connector after the sensor that will run the oil to the turbo and then just run a return to the oil pan?

Thanks,
Don
Exactly, on all counts!

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
javierb14 said:
just a basic oil line guide in pdf :)

iirc, the fitting on the back of the block of a KA24E is a 1/8 BSPT. if you can get ahold of a 1/8 BSPT to 1/8 NPT adapter, your set.

like this one

available here
thanks much guys i appreciate it greatly right now i'm waiting on my motor to be shipped back from kentucky where it was getting rebuilt then the assembly will begin

Don

1 - 7 of 7 Posts