Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have noticed a weird nosie comming from the engine when i raced my friends Chrysler Cirrus anyway i dont have a tach so i just shift when ever its sounds loud i got upto about 30 to 35 mph in 1st gear and it made the whistling noise and when i shifted it did thet *pssssssss* i beat him too but that noise is weird it had been in the shop previusly for engine trouble and they charged an arm,leg and a few hairs to fix it but does this happen to anyone else?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Do you have a CAI or a WAI, or stock airbox? Usually there is a slight hiss that comes from CAI's and WAI's. If it's the stock airbox, then the only thing I can think of is some kind of leak in the intake. Also, does it whistle the whole time you're on the gas, or just as the RPMs rise? OH, and the "PSSSSSS" you hear in bewteen shifts is back pressure in the intake.

·
Paging Mr. Herman
1,042 Posts
Do you have a CAI or a WAI, or stock airbox? Usually there is a slight hiss that comes from CAI's and WAI's. If it's the stock airbox, then the only thing I can think of is some kind of leak in the intake. Also, does it whistle the whole time you're on the gas, or just as the RPMs rise? OH, and the "PSSSSSS" you hear in bewteen shifts is back pressure in the intake.
My HKS intake does the same thing, especially when I'm at WOT. I like the sound because I can pretend I have a turbo.:D

If you are running stock, check for leaks, especially if the sound is all the time.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Or maybe somebody had an extra turbo so they hooked you up overnight
Quit it! LMAO! :)

·
MFCoEJ Juror
242 Posts
Well, the only way to have a GA16DET is like building it yourself or buying the hotshot kit. Now, I would say that you have a vaccuum line disconnect or somthing.

·
Doodeee doodee doodee doo
1,495 Posts
that's just pressure change sounding through your air filter, we've got a tach-less sentra too and it does that if you push it over 7000rpm (well, it sounds like 7000rpm) in first, kinda sounds like a shop vac.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts