Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right. so im trying to find a turbo kit for my 02 se-r. and all ive been abe to come upon is kits for v spec models only. now ive asked quite a few people and searched around alot and no one can really seem to give m a straight answer on weather or not these "spec v model only" kits will work on my se-r or not. if not does anyone know if and where i mght be able to get one custom built or fabricated for my car?

·
Registered
126 Posts
You shouldnt have a problem, ask the manufacturer of you turbo kit before you buy it to make sure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had an 03 Ser an a 04 V and the engine/engine bay seem to be the exact same thing of course internals and the effects of the turbo on it might differ

·
Registered
57 Posts
both the ser and the spec v have the 2.5l motor so it should hook up just fine but try to find a kit with some sort of adjustable computer to possilibly remap the ecu to change the transmission shift points to better accomodate the increased power

·
Registered
790 Posts
both the ser and the spec v have the 2.5l motor so it should hook up just fine but try to find a kit with some sort of adjustable computer to possilibly remap the ecu to change the transmission shift points to better accomodate the increased power
Um, he has a 5 spd. Remapping the ECU for "shift points" isnt going to do anything. Changing the shift points have to be done via changing gears.

However, the 5spd is weaker compared to the 6spd. So, you may run into some issues in that department.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts