Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Sentra SER 5 speed and I want to bolt in a turbo kit, what are your opinions on it? Is it relativaly easy? Is it hard? and what kit should I use along with a front mount intercooler and exhaust?

·
Nis-ho
556 Posts
its not the cheapest or easiest thing in the world, but it will get you power, and lots of it.
if you want a turbo then you need:
turbo
manifold
injectors
fuel pump
FMIC w/ piping
gauges (boost, oil, fuel pres., etc)
BOV
ecu reflash (JWT)
MAF
turbo back

i kno theres a bunch of things i forgot, but i really recommend you search also

also, i recommend joining www.sr20forum.com, they info on that site is priceless, plus alot of NF members are there also

GOOD LUCK :thumbup:

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wasn't thinking about doing it myself....come on guys I'm smarter than that, I just wanted to know if anyone here has done it to that certain model and year, and how it was to go through all of the things, which kits they used and what not.

·
8,328 Posts
velardejose said:
I did it myself...
And I'm just a medical doctor...
but your vehicle is quite different from his.

·
Nis-ho
556 Posts
yo chim, i'm a turbo newb, and i'm collecting the parts as we speak. we were all newbs at one point, so we have to start somewhere. although, i will be doing this with the help of my friends (who own shops), but i am the primary installer and collector of parts.

the best way to do it extensive research. i've been researching for months, and i still learn new things everyday. its funny, the more you learn, the more you know you dont know.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What parts have you gathered so far, and from where, how much? And from the other guys, do you recomend that I change injectors fuel pump FMIC w/ piping and other things, or do I have to do it? I'm not looking to run it at a very high PSI, maybe later, but for now I just want the stuff in.

·
GA16DE
606 Posts
If your goal is 7 psi maybe you could use your original parts
Problem is, almost everybody starts planning for 7 psi
Then you ask for more ;)

·
8,328 Posts
Sentra SER said:
What parts have you gathered so far, and from where, how much? And from the other guys, do you recomend that I change injectors fuel pump FMIC w/ piping and other things, or do I have to do it? I'm not looking to run it at a very high PSI, maybe later, but for now I just want the stuff in.
This is why you Can NOT listen to those other guys man. Your car is FAR too different from theirs.

1) you have a returnless fuel system...which means you cannot use an aftermarket fuel pump without running a return line (which means making a return line fuel rail, etc.)
2) Your turbo manifold can only be gotten from one place. www.protech-fabrication.com

You're still clearly a newbie to forced induction, so I'm going to send you here: http://www.powertechimports.com He's the most reputable seller of QR25 turbo kits on the market. He has nothing but positive feedback and many of his kits are on the road running safely and reliably.

Turbocharging is NOT something you should start off doing without any prior knowledge. Take it from me ;)

Himbo....Velardejose...I'm glad you're trying to help, but if you don't have any experience with his type of engine or car, please don't argue with what I'm telling him.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm looking at these parts so far:
Turbo:Dual Ball Bearing GT30R Turbo assembly with T3 style housing with T3 inlet flange w/ 4 bolt style exit. T04E style compressor housing with 2.75 - 3.00 inlet and 2.00" outlet. Very Good response turbo for 4 Cyl applications. This turbo has a flow capacity of about 500HP.
This turbo would be the same as HKS GT3037. The GT30R turbine housings with 4 bolt exit are made out of ductile Ni-Resist iron (has a nickel content of about 38%). This material is much better at withstanding high exhaust gas temperatures than regular cast iron.

The turbine wheel is inconnel 713 and is good for up to 1700 degrees Fahrenheit. The wheel can sustain longer operation at higher temperature but not for long periods of time. You'll make a hell of a lot more power with this turbo than most Turbos comparable!!!
Front Mount Intercooler: AS 1021 Supports up to 350 hp. Complete with end tanks.
And I'm still looking around for the BOV, waste gate (if the one above doesn't have it), chip, CAI, and piping.

·