Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you think this is a good idea, or should i just save up for a better car or sr20det
i was thinkin of makin a custom kit since i dont feel like spendin over $3K for it

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
James said:
i think 'better' is a very subjective term...
i mean i like the sentra it is an awesome car
but by better i meant newer and faster, but since i am in college i need to drive it for couple more years, so why not add some spice to it

·
Platinum
462 Posts
head gasket

Maybe GA16 turbo is good, but Stock head gasket doesn't like to take big power at all... So if someone makes good metal gasket, I think we can turbo GA16 so much easier and safer.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey Michael, do you have any idea how much hp's Project 1.6 will be putting out? I want to compare it to my setup so I can have an idea of where I stand.

TIA
Chef

·
Registered
31 Posts
chef said:
Hey Michael, do you have any idea how much hp's Project 1.6 will be putting out? I want to compare it to my setup so I can have an idea of where I stand.

TIA
Chef
Hey Chef,
How strong does 5th gear feel in your 200? I'm asking because I remember your speed in my post about 'confirmed top speed'. My car is strong through 4th but 5th seems non-existent. Also how long have you been running your turbo setup? What is your intended price when you finish "testing" your setup? And finally what's your gas mileage like since turbo?

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
chef, i was thinking of using a BB T25 and running 6psi maybe 8 at the most
i want the car to last me for couple more years and to pass emissions
how much would a kit like that be from you? i am up for used parts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well TJ200SX, it felt like it was not pulling that much until I looked down at my speedo and saw that it was buried and my tach was still rising.

I have been running my setup for about 2 years now. Since no one has really done this setup, I had alot of trial and error but I learned from them.

I decided to take the route of doing the piping (manifold, complete exhaust systems, new intake plenums, intercooler piping). Not completely sure about the price as far as the manifold goes but I can say this, it shouldn't go over $400.

As far as gas mileage goes, in the city I am now 27 and highway is 33mpg. Before turbo I was 31 city 37 hwy. Of course this is based on not boosting every chance you get.

Hey Xtreme, as far as a "kit" from me, I will say this, my setup will most likely not pass emissions.

·
Registered
31 Posts
chef said:
Well TJ200SX, ....
Hey Xtreme, as far as a "kit" from me, I will say this, my setup will most likely not pass emissions.
Chef I'm also interested in a "kit" price. There is no emissions testing or certification in SC. Aint life grand.

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Adam said:

Yeah, except for that damn 'Property Tax' they nail us with, that sucks. Although my car's worthless enough that it was only $100 last time.
you pay property tax on your car every year?
do u also have to buy a sticker for the plates?

·
Registered
31 Posts
XtremE said:

you pay property tax on your car every year?
do u also have to buy a sticker for the plates?
Yes on both counts. Adam make sure you apply for high mileage if you have it. It helps somewhat.

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Latest update from JWT, The tuning on the Hotsot GA16 turbokit is doing well. It is running 8 psi with no detonation and runs hard. With the Hotshot pulse converter manifold, there is almost no lag with the T28 turbo.

Clark at JWT tells me it is strong for 8 psi and super responsive.

Mike:D

J

·
0 Posts
morepower2 said:
With the Hotshot pulse converter manifold, there is almost no lag with the T28 turbo.
Mike:D
What was once said?

"If you have lag, you ain't driven right"
(Carroll Shelby)

or something like that. LOL. Oh wait, he was a chicken farmer. Well , he sure could drive cars and advertise.

Seriously, even with all of the bad mouthing that has been handed in Shelby's direction, I am a serious admirer of what he has accomplished. Not to mention that I am a fan of his 80's Turbo cars, even if he was just a name on the product.

Jason

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ok, so I haven't been following the boards and am kind of new here, so can someone get me a general run through on this whole turbo situation? Who exactly is developing a turbo for the GA16DE? I have a b13 ga sentra and would be very interested in getting a kit.

Would these kits be complete? And if so, how much would the be? Any info would be great, thanks

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
morepower2 said:
The tuning on the Hotsot GA16 turbokit is doing well. It is running 8 psi with no detonation and runs hard.
As posted the kit is made by Hot Shot. As far as prices, components, and whatnot. That will all be released once the tuning is complete. Probably within a few weeks.

Mike, you need to stop telling us about the car! When the kit is released it is SOOO mine. Just hope it plays nice with the head and cams.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts