Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Nissan/Mazda Gumshoe
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know what u would need to add turbo to an e16 motor? the engine swap is not in the cards right now. and i know were i can get a t25 yesterday. any suggestions?

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
It's very possible. Use all the parts from an e15t engine. It's the same block and drivetrain but everything else is different.

·
Moderator/ NPM staff
522 Posts
You could add the turbo manifold, turbo, intake manifold and fuel injection system from the E-15t. The main obstacle would be getting some sort of engine managment to run this system. I used the TEC-II o do this but that will run you over a grand. Too bad JWT doesnt make some sort of program for the stock e-16 computers.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
What about the ECU from the E15t engine??? Wouldn't that work???

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
it would but youll have to built/get yourself the complete engine wiring... because of the injection systeme.. the wiring is more complexe (4inj+pressure+ectect)

·
Moderator/ NPM staff
522 Posts
no the stock e-15t ecu would not work. Keep in mind that the e-16 has completly different engine characteristics than the e-15t. For instance, the compression ratios. There is no way the e15t ecu would work with a turbocharged e16 block

·
Nissan/Mazda Gumshoe
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so how did u get over this hurdle hybrid, what ecu did u use

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
AVERAGE said:
so how did u get over this hurdle hybrid, what ecu did u use
He did an entire engine swap to a SR20DET.

·
Nissan/Mazda Gumshoe
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rigggggghhhhhhhhhhtttt, but how was he running the e15t before he did the engine swap to the sr20

·
Moderator/ NPM staff
522 Posts
When I was running the e-15/16T motor I built, I was using a electromotive TEC-II stand alone engine managment system. These run about $1200 and using a dyno and a laptop can be programmed to run just about any engine.

There are proably cheaper options out there though. Maybe 800 or so for a Haltech system.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
I use an SDS system on my cars and I love the friendly user programmer. They cost anywhere between $900-$1200, but it's well and worth the investment as you can use the system over and over again on different applications.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
It's a good system if you know a little about the characteristics of basic timing and you're eager to learn more. This a real time tuning system that's very good if you have somebody that knows how to program or knows how to drive your car and you program. It's fun and I wouldn't trade for "Not-a".....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts