Nissan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
even if you put in 370cc injectors and got a new JWT ECU (programed for 370cc injectors), wouldnt you still need a fuel pressure riser to comensate for the turbo?

·
Registered
13 Posts
FUEL

hey, i was wondering if you put 370cc injectors and a new JWT ECU (programed for 370cc injectors) on a turbo sentra, would you still need a fuel pressure riser?

·
Registered
377 Posts
The ECU runs the injectors. The only time ya need a FPR as in regulator is if you go to the 4-bar program in the ECU. I don't know if you can even get this for the ga16 ECU.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Another thing i was wondering is what does A/R mean when talking about the size of turbos? And also what units it measured in?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does any one know how much psi a SR20 with stock pistons and rods can take with a like a 24 inch intercooler and a T28 turbo, before it will start knocking? Any comments will helpful. thanks

·
Hang out wit yo Wang out!
546 Posts
1997 GA16DE said:
also, while you're at it, what is trim? I've feel like an idiot if I were to ask this in it's own thread :rolleyes:
A/R stands for Air/Ratio, and trim is the actual size of the turbine housing. The higher the trim, the larger the turbine housing, and the greater the A/R. If that didn't make any sense, it just means how big it is!

·
Registered
20 Posts
newbie question

Just out of curiosity, can a low pressure turbo setup be built a little at a time or does everything need to be installed at once? For example, can you run it with stock exhaust and upgrade later or is this not recommended? If this is possible, then in what order should things be done?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Your stock pistons on a T28 will take all that the T28 can give it. I have seen a T3/T04E put 22psi down an SR20's throat and it took all of that. I would not do it all day because it will probably blow up. But it all depends on the previous track record that the motor has and also how many miles are on it! Good luck

J

·
0 Posts
JT200SX-N-FX said:
A/R stands for Air/Ratio, and trim is the actual size of the turbine housing. The higher the trim, the larger the turbine housing, and the greater the A/R. If that didn't make any sense, it just means how big it is!
Actually, it stands for Area to Radius. Referring to the scroll.

·
Registered
116 Posts
what should i do frist to turbo my sr20de its a 95 se-r :what do i need to get and where if any sites post em and whats this thing about the ford cobra maf how do i get that and will that work for car for what it has: ing:17,hotshot headers,2 1/4/ piping hi-flow cat,intake.? thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
have to sell the headers than... turbo= no headers..

·
Registered
11 Posts
yo... Hotshotnissan.. im willing to buy the headers from you.. i stay in FL. miami .. so let me know.. thanx

·
Banned
2,795 Posts
umm..i'm talking about a sr20det in a 240sx by the way..

the phase2motortrend race car is running 25psi and pushing 474wrhp with stock bottom end. they are shooting for 500hp. oh dear god..

i like the z32 mafs better more than cobra mafs. i think it's also a lot more popular. if you run z32 mafs, apexi safc is poo. same as jwt ecu. apexi safc and jwt ecu is poo for nissans. nissan mafs don't really fit safc's.. save your money and get an apexi power fc. kick ass ecu and fuel management system. if you want, you can upgrade the pfc so it also controls the boost... pfc is king.

here's the setup i want:
tomei valves, valve springs, valve guides, valve pivots, rocker arm stopper
z32 mafs / apexi intake
apexi head gasket
greddy intake manifold
HKS cams/gears
tomei fuel pump/nismo 555cc injectors/hks fuel rail
apexi power fc
apexi avcr
hks exhaust manifold
hks GT-RS turbo upgrade
blitz nurspec r exhaust
blitz 3" downpipe
blitz lm intercooler upgrade
koyo radiator upgrade
act clutch upgrade
tomei 2.2 liter stroker kit

will have 400+ hp :D

·
Farms suck!
466 Posts
Re: SR20DE TURBO INFO & OPTIONS (READ)

onyxeros said:
Brock,

Dodge 3500 Cummins Diesel Pulling a 25' trailer with 30 SR20 transmissions

O
Yeah, I'm not gonna be anywhere NEAR 700hp .Probably about 495hp less. Will the stock FWD SR20 tranny hold 205-230hp safely? Can I race with a stock tranny with that much power? What can I do to get a stronger tranny without buying a new one(or a new gearset).

·
Super-Mod with a 240
2,375 Posts
Cryo-treating and welding helps reduce chances of tranny breakage if not remove it completely. Stock trannies don't last too long with turbo applications as the gears are too soft and are prone to breaking (even DET trannies break easily!).

Getting the PAR gearset (available through JGYCUSTOMS at http://www.jgycustoms.com) would be a good idea, but the price is too prohibitive for most people to buy it ($2900).

·
NISSAN SLAP NUTS
1,051 Posts
yes this is true .but if ppl want to push that kind of HP,It's a must... Because the money tied up in these engines ,and not have a a drive train to back it is brakeage after ,brakeage. 2900 bucks is pale in comparesion to braking your tranny 5,6 times..... my 2 cents.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So does someone make a full kit that is actually decent for these cars? With the money I should have left over from selling my Truck, I might be able to buy a nice basic turbo kit. I should have about $2500-$3000 to blow.

Though I should just put it towards the new car and stuff, what fun would that be?!?!?!

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.