Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know how much boost will go through a stock block (QR25DE)??? The Turbo is a Turbonetics T-3 and the pipng is all custom. Also, does any one know how to take out the center compartment on the dash (again, it's a SE-R Spec V)???

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Ash33 said:
I need to know how much boost will go through a stock block (QR25DE)??? The Turbo is a Turbonetics T-3 and the pipng is all custom. Also, does any one know how to take out the center compartment on the dash (again, it's a SE-R Spec V)???
I would stick with less than 10 psi

Z

·
0 Posts
yep, it has soft valve springs. I wouldn't try to put more than 250 HP through a stock QR25DE, from everything I know about it.

·
HYDYST?
113 Posts
If you put in the JWT QR cams, springs and added a blockguard for teh open deck, what would be the limiting factor then? The piston rings,skirts? The maf and injectors? Engine management?
Trying to see how expensive a reliable buildup would be..

Z

·
0 Posts
There's no way I could even try to answer that... well actually I think I can safely say that the piston ring lands would still be an issue, and engine management is always an issue, but I couldn't say for the rest of it.

Rest assured that a good buildup will be really expensive... but at the same time I would LOVE to see somebody do it. I think the SE-R is a good chassis, I think a 250-300 HP powerplant would really kick ass.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i would recommend yall talk to travis over on b15. He has a turbo kit out for the qr and in using the greddy emange. I think his name on ther eis trav4011 or something like that. Do a turbo search and I'm sure you'll find him. E-mail him.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Spec V Tuner said:
i would recommend yall talk to travis over on b15. He has a turbo kit out for the qr and in using the greddy emange. I think his name on ther eis trav4011 or something like that. Do a turbo search and I'm sure you'll find him. E-mail him.
Travis is a member here as well...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts