Nissan Forum banner

Turbo for 86 sentra

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Crazy-Mart 
#1 ·
I am wanting to make my stock header into a turbo header. My plans were to buy a small turbo and intercooler. I was wondering how all the plumbhing would work on it and how i can make the factroy header compatable with a turbo. Knowing my luck with the car I'll fry the engine. I installed a new distributor so the car could actually saty running, however, i drove it once and got sick because of the mold, since I have all the interior out of the car I might as well do an engine modification to make it go a little bit faster because it will only go 55mph up a hill.

#4 ·
yes. your carb cant handle boost. you would have to upgrade to fuel injection or a turbo safe carb and its still a big headache. not to mention all the other things you would have to take into account like the amazing ability these engines posess to blow head gasket and the weak cooling ability. you could look for an e15et but they are rather rare. sorry if that puts you down and im not saying its impossible but it would take alot of dedication and money to make an e16 boost reliable.

#5 ·
MyClunkyAss12er said:
yes. your carb cant handle boost. you would have to upgrade to fuel injection or a turbo safe carb and its still a big headache. not to mention all the other things you would have to take into account like the amazing ability these engines posess to blow head gasket and the weak cooling ability. you could look for an e15et but they are rather rare. sorry if that puts you down and im not saying its impossible but it would take alot of dedication and money to make an e16 boost reliable.

he could PM hybrid DET for his old e16t I think he still has them. worth a try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.