Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is BOOKOO info on different rods, pistons, heads. I have read many of the post for about a year. And now i am finaly ready to beef up the ol E16i. I want a decent street car that still has some muscle, and decent gas milage. My plans are a decent size turbo(not sure on how big i want to go), complete rebuild(DUH). I have read that the E16 rods are the longest so those are out, but also read they are quite Hefty. So if you were to build a mildly boosted E16, What compresion whould you run and rod length? Or would i be dumping money into a hole i would later give up on. OR would the cam, Huge carb and high compression set up be less of a hassle. Im just wondering if any of you guys have and guidence and advice for the young grasshopper on the Mysterious,Infamous E16. Any body can do a ca18 or sr20det swap, but to beat a civic or atleast a carrola would be nice with a E16! So any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks, B12Bro

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
wherever you learnt your info, you learnt it wrong. the e16 already has ideal compression for boost at 8.4:1. also, you can't go big carb on an e16i because 1) its throttle body injected, not carbureted, and 2) there isn't a big carb for the e16s, which is the carb version if you wanted to go carb.

most people sticking with an E-series do an E15ET swap. what would be a decent idea is getting an e15e or et, putting your rebuilt e16 short block on instead. its only 100cc's but it'll help. and you don't wanna go too big of a turbo. its an 8valve. it doesn't breath as well. probably a T20 would do if you can find a flange adapter. but there is a reason that the b12's get swaps. the TBI engines are very limited, because you can't play around with the fuel system like you can with EFI and carb. limiting what can be done. the other thing is the e16i is such a low power base.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Plan on doing a intake swap of somesort before i boost. If i run a E15E intake manifold and run a couple of extra wires for the extra injectors, do you know if i could keep the same wiring harnes and just swap out the computers. Or in other words would all the sensors be used for the E15e computer?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh im thinking about turbo just for some thing different! Im trying to figure out how much of a hassle it is going to be. I would love to find a e15et to build up, but in oklahoma there no where to be found. And if i do find one there always expensive as hell. so i figure with the money i could spend on a e15et i could build up the spare i e16 block i have, and just bolt it in when i get it finnished!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts