Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
800+ posts
822 Posts
I do not have an EGR system on my GA16DE, and I noticed quite a good difference. The downside is you lose fuel efficiency... that is just a fact of life. The advantages are: increased horsepower (your exhaust no longer has a hole in it to divert its removal via the tailpipe), better engine response, and an overall cleaner and more efficient engine. You no longer have carbon and other emission gases being forced back into your engine... so no more black crud coating your intake manifold, throttle-body, and valves themselves. Also, if you have a turbo, you have no need for an EGR system since you will now have forced induction. As for passing emissions, as long as you still have a catalytic converter, a good engine tune, and functioning O2 sensors, I would think you'd still pass emissions. After all, a turbo makes your engine burn all the fuel in the combustion chamber, so you really won't have as harmful emissions as a NA car.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
My original turbo setup had the EGR system in tact. The hard part is the EGR recirc tube needs to be located AFTER the turbo so it is a PITA to incorporate. The Original HS turbo setups had the EGR functioning and I made 249WHP WITH the egr in place.

It is MUCH easier if you eliminate it and will have less buildup in the intake manifold by getting rid of it. If you are using a JWT ecu they may also be able to do a resistor to eliminate a CEL. I had this done and passed the scanner with this in place.

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
I actually didn't get a CEL when I removed mine without a JWT tune, but the electronics on my car are crazy anyway whoever had it before me sucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts