Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys was thinking doing a 1.6deT. was wondering what all i would have to get inorder to do this. i know there a kit you can buy off prostreetonline.com but the kit has nothing with injectors or anything and some ppl say you have to upgrade those and the fuel pump. what i was wondering was what all would i need to do this beside buying the kit. i know there alot of you out there with the 1.6 turbo so please tell me. thanks

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
the kit on it's own will run on stock injectors and pump, but you should upgrad to the walbro 255LPH pump, so that you're not stressing it.

the easiest thing so that you're running the system without stressing it out, is use SR20DE injectors (279cc) and an SR20DE ecu. blown b310 pioneered this, and it's now been used successfully with that kit on its own without any other tuning at base boost (6psi), and also by others using a bigger turbo and FMIC with the boost turned up. the sr20 injectors and ecu are capable of handling 12psi without any tuning, and 12psi on the GA16DE is a lot. beyondbiscuits2 described it as scary, but that was in his b12 sentra, so it's a little bit more of a thrill (lighter, more rattly car).

your exhaust should be up'd to a full 2" exhaust. maybe 2.25" if you plan on boosting higher.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks but as i recall the ecu from the sr wont hook up to my harness..injectors will. also what about like exhaust i have a 2.5 full cat-back, but like down pipe and should i just buy a header and make a manifold.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also like what all parts would i need ill start a list and yall can add whatever you think ill need.

1.intercooler/and piping
2.boost controller/ and gauge
3.turbo
4.manifold
5.fuel pump walbro 255
6.injectors sr20de(279cc)
7.wastegate
8.what else

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
you use the ECU and harness... if you use the search button, you can find blownb310's info. it's doable, and it's the easiest and most cost effective ecu/injector upgrade.

you can buy the turbo specialties manifold separately from one site if you want to go with a bigger turbo. a T25 will bolt up the the flange without an adapter. add a turbo timer to the list. super handy, so you don't have to worry about turning off your car without cooling off the turbo. if you use the search tool, there's tons of info on this stuff. look in the GA16DE subform, not the b14 forum. also try the b13 forum, there's a bit more there too.

there you can find the info on using sr20 ecu/harness/injectors, as most of the people who have done it have done in in swapped in GA16de's into b12's.

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
What kind of car are you putting it on. If its a 95-99 the sr20 ecu swap won't work. If you buy the kit you don't need anything extra other than exhaust. You don't NEED the fuel pump although it would help. I have run the kit on my daily driver for over a year now without the better pump. The stock ECU and maf with the t20 turbo is good for about 10lbs. (a little more depending on how ghetto you wanna go, potentiometers on the maf and other horrible ideas like that). If you have a decent amount of experience with turbos you can piece together a little better kit for only a little more money, but if it's your first real project or you are unsure of turbo setups the kit is a great starter.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
ya i know the kit is a great starter but to much money for my budget. i already have a intercooler and about to get either a t20 or a t25. i have a guy who will make my manifold. its going on a 97 nissan 200sx. i was thinking of going with the stock sr20de injectors and welbro fuel pump. what i was wondering tho was what all would i need to just get it running everyday and later add like a turbo timer and all that good stuff. make me a list please..lol... i have a bunch of friends with the sr swaps in 240sx's so they know about turbos. also would the ecu for the 1.6 let the injectors for a sr work and are the injectors for the sr20de interchangeable with the ones on a ga16

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
1. Injectors are not Interchangeable, if you use any kind of injector other than stock you would need an ecu retune or a piggyback controller (apex'i s-afc).

2. If you have a choice get the t-25, better turbo.

3. Turbo Timer: not a necessity, but you will need to let your car idle for a couple minutes after driving to prevent you oil from coking.

4. List:
to get started no more than 8lbs
Manifold
Turbo
Oil Lines
Water Lines
Intercooler
Piping
Exhaust (turbo back)
Blow off or recirculate valve

More than 8lbs
bigger injectors
bigger Maf
Retuned Ecu of some sort
Heavy Duty clutch
Turbo Timer
I think that's pretty much it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Im not too familiar with the turbos on the ga16de but make sure that your car can handle it ive seen people break their motors doing stupid things and 8psi is good dont go above that enjoy your project.

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
8psi is enough boost to make your 200 a very fun daily driver for sure.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
do u know where i can just buy a manifold. also what kind of flange does the t20 take.

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
you can buy the tsi manifold separate from the kit, but I'm not sure where from. The t-20 with the tsi kit uses a t-25 flange, but I'm not sure about others. If your piecing your kit together t-25 or even t-28 is the way to go. I am trying to become a dealer for tsi, so hopefully soon I can start selling manifolds and kits myself. If I do I'll let you know on manifold.

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
you can buy the tsi manifold separate from the kit, but I'm not sure where from. The t-20 with the tsi kit uses a t-25 flange, but I'm not sure about others. If your piecing your kit together t-25 or even t-28 is the way to go. I am trying to become a dealer for tsi, so hopefully soon I can start selling manifolds and kits myself. If I do I'll let you know on manifold.
i went looking for the site today and found it! the manifold fits the t20, t25 (and BB), t28, and t28RS without modification.

here it is:). a direct link to the manifold.
GA16DE turbo manifold

that's the manifold i'll be using. and yeah, you can't use the SR20 ECU/Harness switch. pick up EManage on ebay. they're getting cheap as Greddy has gone bankrupt.

Here's a thought though. if you notice, the QG18DE and GA16DE manifold appear to be the same part. the TSI QG18DE kit comes with the choice of the T25 OR T25BB. does that mean we could opt for the QG18DE kit to get everything pre assembled with the bigger turbo??? cuz frig, that would save me time and possibly money.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well today i bought my turbo. its a 14b off a 98 eclipse. getting a manifold made for 150.00. intercooler is mounted. piping is ordered. my question is this, where can i get cheap oil lines. and where do i tap in for the water lines on the 1.6 motor. also can i tap into the oil pan on the 1.6. and another question, which blow off would be good for this turbo, my buddy was telling me that because the blowoff on nissans are after the MAF that your car will act like its stauling out and youll boost lag with these cheap BOV after every shift. i was thinking of using the 1g talon BOV. ill keep everyone posted of my project.

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
Gundam:

One I believe if you contact them about the kit they will sell the ga16 kit with a t-25bb for a little more money. Also if you are going to use a e-manage than you have no need for a sr20 ecu. Word of warning I wouldn't go with the e-manage unless you are very familiar with your cars electrical system, it's not a plug and play install by a long shot.

Nismo:

Cheap has nothing to do with the blow off problem. Every blow off will do that. It's not that big of a problem, my car has one. The idle is a little funny, but not much else to worry about. Your other option is to relocate your maf after the bov, problem solved, check thesentrachannel on youtube, there is a short video about this.

Also the first gen bov is one of the best you can buy as far as holding pressure goes, but its not adjustable, and a stock eclipse is running about 14psi stock. So if you run less than that the bov probably won't open, which is as good as not having one. If you looking for a cheap one, I would check for a greddy type s or rs or something like that, they're cheap and adjustable. Megan racing also makes one pretty afordable.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
pipe route

also i was thinking on this motor does the intercooler piping route go something like this. intake to blowoff to one side of inter cooler, other side of inter cooler to side of turbo, center of turbo out to MAF and filter, and of coarse your exhaust down and out. let me know thanks

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
Yes, or you can put the maf before the intake after the bov (see previous post).

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
man thanks you have been a big help with my project just last week didnt think i was going to go turbo but now look i already have the front mount on turbo in my room and almost everthing else on order. manifold is the only thing im worried about but ill get that figured out

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
Beyond biscuits is selling an adapter that hooks to your stock manifold then a turbo, and he's selling a couple turbos off a jetta I think. You could look him up to buy.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well i dont have a stock manifold i have a header right now. so im thinking of just getting one made. another question for you. where do i tap into for the water line on that turbo and do you know if the 14b is basically a t25?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts