Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· pay your rent!
1,395 Posts
what about my car its running WAY too rich! any ideas.

edit: running rich at idle.

· pay your rent!
1,395 Posts
nice black carbon build-up on exaust tip, white smoke comes out of exaust pipe at idle but not at full throttle, car consistantly back-fires when i down shift, and when cold at idle it runs so rich raw gas drips out of exaust pipe, not to mention shitty gas mileage with normal responsible driving.

· pay your rent!
1,395 Posts
also, a clue may be that i cannot hold the rpm's steady at 2,000 while the cars not in gear, it surges up to 3000 down to 1000 over and over again.

· pay your rent!
1,395 Posts
PatScottAKA99XE said:
First off you dont have a cat, so carbon on tip is normal. Even with cats most cars will do this. White smoke has nothing to do with richness. White smoke indicates water/moisture. Almost all imports I have seen with modded exh backfire occasionally. Lacking a cat makes it worse. I have 2" manifold-back exh and my car back fires occasionally. Raw gas out the pipe... Hmm I doubt that, if you are running that rich you have MAJOR problems with either the fuel or ignition system. What do you consider shitty gas milage?
cool you put my mind a ease. shitty gas milage to me is like 10 mpg in the city though its weird i get like 44, highway. what do you think about the serging? my dad say he thinks its the tps, but he knows very little about our cars (he's an old desiel mech.)

edit: and the raw gas might be mosture too, just kind smells like gas?

· pay your rent!
1,395 Posts
oh yeah did i mention iv'e blown three distributers this year 1 new and two used? just giving all the info i can.

· pay your rent!
1,395 Posts
tune up, about 200 miles ago didn't help. the distributer what part i blew couldnt tell ya. "your distributer is non-servicable and your not getting any spark" thats the best i could get out of the dealer ship.

· pay your rent!
1,395 Posts
morepower2 said:
Blowing 3 distributors seems almost impossible, they are very reliable. What in the distributor blew? The crank angle sensor?

Mike
not sure the damn dealership wont tell me. is there away to test this? i should get a factory service manual and check all the stuff you suggested. thanks mike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.