Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Icy Hot Stunta
2,827 Posts
Death04 said:
This is kind of obvious (but since you're a noobie) you should install an air/fuel meter before you do any mods if you want to be maticuluos. It'll tell you if the mixture is off.
Those types of air/fuel meters are useless, they are only accurate near 14.7:1. They are hoplessely inaccurate out of that range. 14.7:1 is only for part throttle slow stuff. Its way to lean for full throttle.

Don't worry about your nissan leaning out. Unlike your old car, Nissans use a MAF system that compensates for minor mods. Your old car uses a MAP system that can't so mods can lean your motor out.

Mike

· Icy Hot Stunta
2,827 Posts
landlord said:
cool you put my mind a ease. shitty gas milage to me is like 10 mpg in the city though its weird i get like 44, highway. what do you think about the serging? my dad say he thinks its the tps, but he knows very little about our cars (he's an old desiel mech.)

edit: and the raw gas might be mosture too, just kind smells like gas?
I would check the function of the MAF, a posible bad ground and the TPS.

Mike

· Icy Hot Stunta
2,827 Posts
landlord said:
oh yeah did i mention iv'e blown three distributers this year 1 new and two used? just giving all the info i can.
Blowing 3 distributors seems almost impossible, they are very reliable. What in the distributor blew? The crank angle sensor?

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.