Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· ex-Super *********
1,704 Posts
landlord said:
nice black carbon build-up on exaust tip, white smoke comes out of exaust pipe at idle but not at full throttle, car consistantly back-fires when i down shift, and when cold at idle it runs so rich raw gas drips out of exaust pipe, not to mention shitty gas mileage with normal responsible driving.
First off you dont have a cat, so carbon on tip is normal. Even with cats most cars will do this. White smoke has nothing to do with richness. White smoke indicates water/moisture. Almost all imports I have seen with modded exh backfire occasionally. Lacking a cat makes it worse. I have 2" manifold-back exh and my car back fires occasionally. Raw gas out the pipe... Hmm I doubt that, if you are running that rich you have MAJOR problems with either the fuel or ignition system. What do you consider shitty gas milage?

· ex-Super *********
1,704 Posts
If you are getting 44 highway then I would say your fine for milage. The serging could be any number of things. Have you given your car a good tune-up lately? Plugs, plug wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter. If you havent, I would start there. Even if it doesnt fix your problems it should be done anyway.

*edit* what part of the dist. have you blown? If we go any futher with this we should move outta here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.