Nissan Forum banner

tune up on 01 SE please help

2K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  SR20dee 
Tavel said:
a cap and rotor should last well over 100k while an air filter will only last 20k(2 years)...see what im getting at?

follow the haynes manual shedule for repair/replacement, dont do everything at the same time. it's just a waste of effort and money. and if you dont have a haynes manual, then for god's sake get one!

And what ever you do .. don't listen to this guy..

you should be reading your MANUAL that came with your car.. for maintainence intervals.

The only things i'd suggest ignoring for the time being is the O2 sensor replacemen. your not likely gonna need that any time soon..

cap/rotor should be done every 30k miles. you can go over that.. but i wouldn't suggest it.

plugs. your perogative. 50k with platinums is suggested. can go as far as 80 if you want.. However.. I will note that alot of SE owners have Burnt/melted plugs. after 50k.

Fuel filter is service free.. forget it

80k is fine on plug wires.

Tavel said:
genius sr20dee: i was proving a point that its useless to replace things that dont necesarily need it...i did indeed write "follow the maintnence schedule", i didn't say "follow what i just said"...you need to read more closely kid.
ok dad. lets get something clear. Electrical components that are worn and/or coroded out can cause degredation of performance. Thus the Tune up intervals on specific components. ;)

No offense but replacing those "things" on a regular can make the car perform more consistant over time.

thanks for the genius comment. i really needed the ego boost ;) :woowoo:

Hydrolock said:
Why does everyone on online forums act like little girls?

i'm not sure.. why don't you tell us :D

we will just say that everyone think they are right .. so in order to make themselves stand out they attack people with comments like "genius" or " little girls"

I simply said " DON"T FOLLOW THIS ADVICE" and then i backed it up with additional information

i don't know why i am making a long response.. i think i have some pent up aggression from not arguing over the last few years...

owell as long as someone generally stock SE makes close to 128 hp.. im straight.. Go drink something :D :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.