Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning Everyone!

Just purchase an 05 AWD X-Trail and I'm wondering if it would be okay to use the tow hooks on it to pull someone if they are stuck in the snow?

I'm not going to go around pulling out F150's, or a Silverado's, but if I saw a smaller vehicle stuck would it hurt my vehicle any to tow it?

Tell some stories about pulling people if you have any!

Thanks.

·
X-Trail Moderator
902 Posts

·
X-Trail Moderator
902 Posts
There was this nice girl on the bus the other day.......................;)

Hatty,

It took me a long time to appreciate your sense of humor (years)...:)

I think you may have to explain the "dual" definitions of some english terms so that the members who's mother tongue isn't english (like me) will understand :)

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
I think he was trying to say that he tried to pull a bus because of this chick in it but obviously the exy couldn't do it. hahahahahahaha :) :)

I have no experience pulling "people" so I can't contribute much to this thread ;)

Having said that, the safest way to do a vehicle recovery using an xtrail is pulling another car using your towbar locking shaft, it is the strongest point and much stronger than the front recovery points which are bolted to the chassis with un-rated bolts that are only designed to be used as tie-down points when transporting a car on flat-bed truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts