Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently had injectors along with all fuel lines and timing belt replaced. A few months later it started running rough, sometimes straight up missing. It seems to be missing on the driver side of the motor as you can hear the difference in tone at the exaust pip. The drivers side lets out bursts of air at a time wile the other side flows freely.

Any Advice!!!

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
I recently had injectors along with all fuel lines and timing belt replaced. A few months later it started running rough, sometimes straight up missing. It seems to be missing on the driver side of the motor as you can hear the difference in tone at the exaust pip. The drivers side lets out bursts of air at a time wile the other side flows freely.

Any Advice!!!
We need more detail.

Who installed them?
What is the make and size of the injectors?
Did you do a ecu diagnostics?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the injectors done by the Z doctor which were nissan oem parts. Have not tried pulling codes from ecu. The check engin light hasn't come on, but i guess it wouldn't hurt to try. I remember when it first started, it ran crappy for about five seconds than ran fine. the next day, after it was all warmed it did it for about twenty to thirty seconds, day after just started running crappy. It seemed to do it when i was shifting early, around 2500 rpms using the tork of the motor. I will check for codes and post what i find!!!

Thank you for your responce

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
Two thing to check first.

Check to see if your injectors are working. Get a long screw driver and put the tip on top of the injector then put your ear on the handle. You should hear a solid clicking sound if not then the injector is bad and needs to be replaced. Do that to all six of them. You need to remove the cover on top of the plenum to reach the injectors. (15 minute job)

The other thing to check is the timing. Do you have a timing light? If not take it back to who did your install and have them check for you. Sometimes the belt slips a notch and timing becomes a issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
check ur coilpacks......one might be starting to go......i had asimilar problem it was on and off untill one of the coil packs just went out completely...i dont really know how u can check them when the problem isnt permanent though

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you spong, and slow!!!

After checking my injectors, I decided to check the coil packs by disconecting each coil one at a time on the right bank while the car was running. I found when i got to the last one, there was no difference when conected or disconected. My bro and i switched coil packs on the same bank and it was still missing on #6. After checking the wireing going to the coil pack, we checked the ignition control unit and it just so happned to be wiggin out on that spucific circit. So, i ordered a used one off ebay and hopefully it fixes the problem.

Agin...thanks much for the advice!:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
1 Posts
BlackZ32,

I read your post on idle issue..i am having the exact same problem with my 90 NA idle was a little too high and I adjusted down to 800rpm. Getting the puff on the right side exhaust as well. Checked injectors..OK replaced all plugs. cleaned all connectors i can find and added the newly located knock sensor now i am getting 55 on diagnostics.

Did you resolve your issue and if so.. what was the problem you found? doing the coil pack disconnect seems to produce what you found.. being #1 cylinder perhaps that's why?

thanks in advance!

cheers

Fens
1990 Black Z32 coupe 5spd

1 - 9 of 9 Posts