Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend has a 02 spec V. She bought it last may. It seems to take a long time to crank, IE the extended time during start TSB. But actually my question was whether or not there was some way to tell what TSB's have been done. The previos owner is of no help. Mainly i was concerned about the other more scary TSB's resulting in engine failure. If not what, if anything, do i have to pay the dealer to check what TSB's have been done? the car has 33,000 miles on it. Anyone know of a good dealership in Seattle?

·
I miss good ol' OT
1,716 Posts
TSB's are not required to be done by the dealer. They are mere indications of known problems and help tech's figure out issues more efficiently. (Recalls, on the other hand, can be determined by the dealer by the VIN number)

I would print out the TSB, take it into the dealer and ask them to have a look at it. Most dealers will give you a diagnostic for free, and then give you an estimate on how much to fix the problem. Taking the TSB in shows you've done your homework and lessens the chance of the service manager telling you "Problem not duplicated".

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
^^He said it.

Is the problem you are having cold starts? This is not unusual and there are things you can do about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts