Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have an 85 nissan sentra and found this site encouraging. I live in ohio and my sentra is getting pretty rusted but still runs sorta ok...154,000 miles on it. The main problem is the front drivers side wheel bearing goes bad every 10,000 miles(cracks one roller ). I havnt figured out where exactly I should post this, but I guess thats why the term "newbie" fits me.

·
M-Unit Racing
627 Posts
I have never heard that happen before. I think we can all learn something from this post.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
maybe the spindle is distorted... id try to get another one from a junk yard...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lazarus_023 said:
do you have the right spacer ring in?
HI, and what would be the right spacer?....original one was too small so I ordered the right one from the dealer...........the (right) spacer was determined by a firestone mechanic and me using a vernier caliper to determine the distance of the ridge inside the spindle.........and ordered the corresponding spacer from the list in the manual at the dealer. When I installed everything, it felt right by me(spinning wheel hub....as in not too tight like before). Sure enough, a while later....ate another set of wheel bearings.....usuall growling noise....I have more of this post in the right area I think.....in technical under suspension and brakes. but I may just run it until it drops, the wheel flies off or it throws a rod.....this is the worst design car I have ever owned.........the total probs of the car are.......eats fuel pumps, doesnt idle correctly, never did, shuts offf on you while going down the road 1 to 10 times a year(let it cool and its fine)..whoever made the fuel system on this car should have their head caved in.....computer controlled carburetor crap

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
85 sentraa said:
HI, and what would be the right spacer?....original one was too small so I ordered the right one from the dealer...........the (right) spacer was determined by a firestone mechanic and me using a vernier caliper to determine the distance of the ridge inside the spindle.........and ordered the corresponding spacer from the list in the manual at the dealer. When I installed everything, it felt right by me(spinning wheel hub....as in not too tight like before). Sure enough, a while later....ate another set of wheel bearings.....usuall growling noise....I have more of this post in the right area I think.....in technical under suspension and brakes. but I may just run it until it drops, the wheel flies off or it throws a rod.....this is the worst design car I have ever owned.........the total probs of the car are.......eats fuel pumps, doesnt idle correctly, never did, shuts offf on you while going down the road 1 to 10 times a year(let it cool and its fine)..whoever made the fuel system on this car should have their head caved in.....computer controlled carburetor crap
oh yea, and I forgot to add..the throttle stuck wide open on me yesterday, dont know why, its fine now, and another note, I have half of the computer controlled crap around the carb disconnected so it will run half assed at least...and dont even think about plugging in the vaccun modulator or the engine will race up and down

1 - 6 of 6 Posts