Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea iv been saving my money for a while for an sr20det, i just wanted to see if anyone knew were i could get the best deal on one or a whole swap.

Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
The best I've found is $2400 for a front clip (only option for me since I plan to keep my car stock for a year or two)

Are you just looking for a motorset?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm in NC, and ordered my clip from Venus. I paid $2100 for the clip and $550 to ship it from Cali. I would not recommend Venus (because my motor was crap and I received very little to no help), or having it shipped from Cali (because it's hella expensive). I highly recommend being able to put your hands on the motor before buying it, and making sure they ship exactly what you agreed to. Take someone with you who's purchased a SR clip, of possible, but definitely look at it in person. Hell, pick it up if you can.

I didn't listen to this advice and regret it heavily. Now I'm $3,000 deep into an engine rebuild and wish I had taken this advice. If you want personal recommendations, PM me.

Best of luck, and please don't cheap out! I ended up only saving ~$500 getting a clip from a less-reputable supplier, and have spent that 6 times over rebuilding my motor.

-Andy

·
Registered
87 Posts
I wouldn't spend under $2250 (not including shipping). There are a lot of crappy SR20's floating around, and you'll see some great deals on them.

Go with a company that is supportive and well known, heavythrottle, phase 2, etc.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Do you know if zerolift gives out pretty decent sr20's. They have a really good price 1600 for a redtop s13. motor tranny ecu.

·
Registered
87 Posts
you'll need more parts than just engine + tranny. Make sure you get everything you need. ECU, MAF, harness, etc.

·
Registered
319 Posts
You can find a decent motor for less assuming you know exactly what's being offered, and what else you need to have the motor running in the particular chassis you've chosen. By far the easiest thing to do is get a motorset from a reputable supplier. I would even go as far as to recommend a clip if you have the facilities to deal with it. Being able to compare the clip to your car is a good tool, especially if you've never done the swap before.

Best of luck!
-Andy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts