Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, i`m from Argentina and new in this forum, i have read a lot a useful things here and i do use the search button a lot ;)

My 92 NX model is HAYALVFB13EWA so that means it`s a GA16DE with EFI (among other things) and i`m preety sure it has VTC as well

What i can`t figure out it`s the actual HP for this engine, some say 105hp, others 110 and i`ve read somewhere even 120hp but i think this is for newer models only. In the service manual it`s listed as "Except Europe", can someone give me a stright answer?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
wikipedia.com. you have us spec, japan spec, europe, exc. I believe the american ga16de is 110. look around google and this site, you can find anything.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks both for the replies, now:

wikipedia.com. you have us spec, japan spec, europe, exc. I believe the american ga16de is 110. look around google and this site, you can find anything.
i did check wikipedia but it´s not very clear, that´s why i asked here, i´m sure that mine it´s not europe specs because that´s what the service manual says so it should be 110hp (usa specs), but it seems that there´s no easy way to confirm it

115hp @6400 rpm

96lb-ft @4000 rpm
there were 115hp ga16de in 1992? :confused:

·
Block Rockin Beats
117 Posts
Most of the data I've seen says B13 US-spec GA16s are 110HP/108Lb-ft. B14 GA16s make 115HP, mostly because of the better cams.

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
you're right, i'm wrong. forgot the first gen DE had more bottom end, and the 2nd gen had more top end. i posted 2nd gen specs.

personally, i'd take a 91-94 ga16de if thats the case. 12lb-ft vs. 5hp. if it's a cam issue, the 2nd gen cams will slide in the first gen. just go grab some from a junkyard and get 'em reground, or find some JWT's (they make em don't they? or used to).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts