Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this a while back and didn't get a solution so I'm trying again. The trunk will open with the key or fob but doesn't with the trunk release button on the dash, the weird thing is once in a blue moon it will work.. I replaced the switch twice and fuse is good, just wondering what else to check since it will open when it feels like it..!
Thanks in advance!

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,143 Posts
I posted this a while back and didn't get a solution so I'm trying again. The trunk will open with the key or fob but doesn't with the trunk release button on the dash, the weird thing is once in a blue moon it will work.. I replaced the switch twice and fuse is good, just wondering what else to check since it will open when it feels like it..!
Thanks in advance!
At this point you can inspect the trunk lid opener actuator or the trunk lid opener relay. If you have a multimeter, check the voltages at the various points as shown on the wiring diagram I supplied. The relay is located under the dash on the driver's side:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, I checked the relay and it clicks when I push the trunk release button. I was looking in the trunk and thinking it might be something back there.. I noticed 2 modules that have wires hooked up to them to release the trunk, could possibly be one of these. I'm going to check them out tomorrow and see if they might be the culprit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts