Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Nissan Sentra '94 XE, and half the time I'm driving it, the trunk will randomly pop open without me pulling the trunk lever. Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

·
Registered
547 Posts
I've never heard of that happening before so I can't exactly help you on what it is. But I'm sure a roll of duct tape will do the trick!!

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Sounds like it's not being properly shut or the remote cable is causing prolems. Switch the remote cable off by flipping the "switch" on the latch to the valet mode and see if that makes any diff.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i'd check the latch in the trunk. sounds like the problem might lie there. but I certainly like Zexel's idea: if you can duct it, f*ck it!

·
Registered
13 Posts
about the trunk popin' open

hey there, i never had a problem like that. but i have a solution. i put some 8" subs in my back dash and to be able to fit them in i had to cut the thing that makes the trunk stay up ( its just two long thin rods right under your back speakers. the bad part about that is that you no longer can use your trunk release anymore. you will have to use your key to open it. plus it will seem like the trunk weighs a ton. on the other hand it you have either woofers or any other valuable things in there people who try to get into your trunk won't be able to do it by themselves. they will have to have 2 - 3 people help steel your shit. well i tried to help peace out.

-- Justin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts