Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I'm having problems with opening my trunk! It is fine if I open it with the lever on the inside of the car, but if I try to use the key to open it, it won't open. I try to turn the key and it won't even move at all. Does anyone know what could be wrong with it? Please Help! Thanks!

~Taressa

·
what?
2,704 Posts
Well,
It is possible that the lock is frozen, yes you live in canada and it gets cold there, and yes it is summer time, but in the winter it may have siezed. Usually over the counter lock de-freezers do the trick. Otherwise do a dealer or locksmith route. It won't be expensive, but it may cost the same as an oil change.

Seth

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
That very same thing has happened to me a few times. I go and stick the key in and it seem that i dont even have the right key, its wierd. But after i jiggled it a few times, and kinda tipped the key up it worked. So after this happened, i bought a lubracant called tri-flow, trust me this stuff is awesome. I took the can, put the lil straw in the key hole and gave er a couple of good squirts, and the problem hasnt happened again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I totally know what you mean that it seems like you're putting the wrong key in! So where can you buy that tri-flow stuff? I'm definately going to give that a try! Thanks for the input!

~Taressa

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
Im not sure in what you have in your area but, i got mine at either home depot or orchard supply. If you cant find it, try using any kind of silicone spray should work.
Have you been able to get it open at all with the key?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Speaking of trunks, anybody have information on that 90 degree trunk opening mod? I like the way the trunk opens that way.

M

·
0 Posts
Isnt there a lockout on our trunk latches inside the trunk......where if the lever is one way it will only open with the interior lever but if its the other way itll open with the key or the interior lever??

not sure might be one of my other cars??.......my 200 is not here right now to check it out

·
HYDYST?
113 Posts
I think the lockout is the other way round.
You can take the lever out of the loop, and use only the key.
The idea is to keep some one from breaking a window and popping the trunk with the lever.
Works against valets too if you get a different key for the trunk.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nostrodomas said:

Have you been able to get it open at all with the key?
Well, my boyfriend used my car to go get groceries about 2 weeks ago, and the key worked fine when he put them in the trunk at the grocery store, but when he tried to take them out when he got home, the trunk wouldn't open with the key. I sorta forgot about that happening and I wanted to open my trunk yesterday and the key wouldn't work. So it is the right key :) . Actually I took Nostrodomas' advice and I tipped the key upward a bit and the trunk opened like a charm! It opens everytime now! I'm still going to spray some lube in there though! Thanks for all the input!

~Taressa

L

·
0 Posts
you need a new key

the same thing happened to me, but when I lost my key and used the copy, it worked out just fine, this was because the old key was worn out.

S

·
0 Posts
=0)

Green200sxChick said:

Well, my boyfriend used my car to go get groceries about 2 weeks ago, and the key worked fine when he put them in the trunk at the grocery store, but when he tried to take them out when he got home, the trunk wouldn't open with the key. I sorta forgot about that happening and I wanted to open my trunk yesterday and the key wouldn't work. So it is the right key :) . Actually I took Nostrodomas' advice and I tipped the key upward a bit and the trunk opened like a charm! It opens everytime now! I'm still going to spray some lube in there though! Thanks for all the input!

~Taressa

Well there is the root of the problem it was your BF's going =0) time to kick him to the curb..lol but really try any form of either teflon spray gel or graphite lock lubricant u can find at homd depot or any auto supply store that should work for you

Enjoy the ride
SkylineSentra

S

·
0 Posts
UnderDog said:
Speaking of trunks, anybody have information on that 90 degree trunk opening mod? I like the way the trunk opens that way.

I have done that flip top trunk mod on my can and i turned out ok but just a word of caution unless u are good with a welder dont attempt it and if u do try it (Cover your back glass before u weld otherwise u will get lill bits of welding slag imbede in you glass) I will post pictures of the mod soon after i add my wing

Enjoy the Ride
SkylineSentra

1 - 15 of 15 Posts