Nissan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any body know if i can torch off those 2 bars in the trunk that connects to the trunk lid. or at least cut it right before it dips down to clear the rear speakers. it reall limiting how tall i can make my sub enclosure. it wouldn't really matter to me if it makes opening the trunk not as smooth as it was before because i'm not planning on opening it that much but i do want to know if it will still open and close somewhat correctly. hope i don't have to make a custom opening mechanism. if i have to i think a part of a door opening mechanism might work.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh shit that there only purpose? i could go ghetto and get a stick to hold it up like one of my friends mustang hatchback until i create someway to hold it up. might use linear actuators and then have a motorized trunk

·
what?
2,704 Posts
Well,
You can go 'Porsche' and make it so that when you hit, say, 45 mph the rear lifts and tilts like a wing. Now wouldn't that be special, a trunk that doubles as a huge ass wing (god, the 'thats so rice' comments could last forever on that one).
Personally I like the whole turn your trunk lid into a helicopter rotor (been to too many lowrider shows).

Seth

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i ain't got the skills to do all that but i'll probally get some metal rods the same size and torch off the part that dips down and weld the rods to the new gaps so i'll have a good 3-4 more inches of clearance

G

·
yeah when i had my speakers in my 200 SX i made them fit right in the middle of the metal that hinges the trunk...but then again i had some Square solo barics.. got rid of the sounds though.. i dont see why you would need to cut those out..

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nah 18s have horrible sq. i remeasured my trunk and by some miricle of god i actually have more than enough room without cutting them even though i will be cutting it close with the clearance of those bars. and for now im only putting in 2 12's in a 2.8 cubed enclosure even though the actual size will be 3.02 cubes of internal volume that space will be taken up by bracing, the neon tube and the layers of sound deadening, truck bed liner and bondo.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
Lmao, who needs a back seat? just ripp that out fiberglass a panel, twead it. Weld the trunk closed. Dyno-mat the hell out of it.
Now wouldnt that be a trip to look in your rear-view mirror and see 2 18's staring back at you.........Funny thing is i have seen that in a Volskwagon Bug.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my cousin had something in one of the original bugs i don't know if it was 2 15s or 2 12s but i do know that it was dammit loud. going by how much trouble i'm having with 2 12s it would be impossible to put 2 18s in the trunk of the sentra and make it look like a semi show quality install. in a car as small as the sentra were one 12 is sufficient i doubt if my ears will be able to take 2 audiobahn alum 12x (120 once magnet, 96.4 db sensitivity, 1000watts rms 18-500hz fequency response can hit a note so low you dont hear it just feel it) powered by a 1500 watt rockford amp that really puts out around 1700 watts even if it is in a sealed box. (i'm all about sound quality i'll spare some dbs i know i'm going to be the loudest in the town anyway)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts