Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Fatty
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my trunk works fine....it opens when i want it to and al the mechanism works.....but its loose...and at first i thought it was the spoiler....but its def the trunk....it stays closed....just rattles...i checked EVERYTHING.....the jack inside....i put rubber between the lisence plate and the car cause i thought it was that....but i layed in the trunk while we drovre around and its def the trunk just being loose....n e one know how to fix it?

much thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
chubsmagee44 said:
....but i layed in the trunk while we drovre around and its def the trunk just being loose....
Wow, you take you're rattling seriously, you could check your latch to make sure it's holding the lid nice and snug. Also, check out the rubber weatherstripping, that could be the problem.

·
Registered
106 Posts
pissible solutions;

1. go to homedepot and buy "GREAT STUFF LARGE GAP FILLER" it is an expanding foam. play with it first before you use it on your car and figure out how large a squirte will expand and all that jazz. use a good bit in the top supports under the deck lid to stop rattles on top of it.

2. drive around again and put your hands on the tension springs, see if maybe they are loose some how.

3. try to find an adjustment on the striker plate for the latch and lower it so it latches tighter and closer to the body. it may be to loose right now and since the parts have alot of space around them they can rattle alot (tighter is ALWAYS better :thumbup: )

try those out and get back to us.

edit: to what HL said, yes, check the weather striping, if it is torn or worn in any area it may let the metal of the trunk lid come in contact with the metal on the body, thus causing rattles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts