Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help with this condition. I have a 1987 truck with a Z24 motor. Manual trans. TBI. The truck will cutout if you mash the gas more than half way down. I have already changed the fuel filter, plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor button, I also changed the Throttle body none of these things have helped. Any suggestions would be appericated.

A
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Similar issue

I have an '85 720 pickup w/ Z24 engine that has a similar problem. Over half throttle is cuts out a bit and in the 3000 rpm range it almost dies (I have to floor it at about 2500 so it will jump past the 3000 break over point, really a hassle when getting on the freeway. Does help gas mileage because I usually shift it before 3000 rpm). After some research I found there is a solenoid that changes the way the carb works depending on throttle and rpm (my shop manual says it is high throttle and anything over about 3200 rpm). My solenoid must be going out (yours sounds like it is totally gone). I am just going to have to get the carb rebuilt and hope that fixes it for me (can't complain, the truck has 210k miles on it and it still runs okay).

Don't know if that helps you. Good luck!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have seen this symptom before, 1st thing to try is to pull intake and exhaust coil wires off distributor cap and cross them.

Test drive vehicle if symptom is corrected reply back and we will give correct repair procedures.

Best of Luck,
The Ray Brandt Nissan Answer Guys
----------------------------------
Ray Brandt Nissan

Top quality OEM Nissan parts:
Best Nissan Parts

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brad1 Wrote::::
> > > Thanks for reply I found a coil that was cracked
> > and shorting out. Should
> > I change both of them? I only change the bad one.
> > Thanks for the help.

To change both would be up to you. In our shop, we only sell one unless the mileage is over 150,000 miles. At that time we make it optional.

Best of Luck,
The Ray Brandt Nissan Answer Guys
----------------------------------
Louisiana Nissan Dealer
Ray Brandt Nissan

Top quality OEM Nissan parts:
Best Nissan Parts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts